Two password fields with one no-autocomplete field

Hello, hope everyone is doing well.

I've been trying to get 1Password to work with this website: http://homebank.kg/
There are two password fields. The first one is sort of a username with id "hbid" and it has "autocomplete" attribute set to "off".
1password doesn't fill it, even if I manually input it in the Web Form details section. It also doesn't work at all on the mobile version.

Any help would be appreciated!
Have a nice day!

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS 10.15.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @elaman! Welcome to the forum!

I think this is the first time where I see a login form with two password fields :D I have tested it a bit here, and I was able to get 1Password to fill the first entry, but not the second one. It sounds like you managed to get it to fill the second field and not the first one though, correct?

• elaman
    elaman
    Community Member
    edited August 2020

@ag_ana thank you for taking your time on this.

Yes. Here is how I think it works:
    1. Edit the "Login" on this website.
    2. Click "View Saved Form Details"
    3.a. Set "password" field to be "Password" and "hbid" to be "Username".
    3.b. Set "hbid" field to be "Password" and "password" to be "Username".
    (both fields are "password" field type)

3.a results in "hbid" not filled. 3.b results in "password" not filled.

So I think 1Password just doesn't support one of these situations:

• Username is a "password" type field.
    • There are two password fields with no username.
  • ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @elaman ,

You are correct. Currently, 1Password cannot autofill more than one password field in a single form. We already have an open feature request for this, so I'll add your report to it. I know there are some plans to improve this in the near future, so stay tuned!

In the meantime, you can use drag and drop to fill the other field. Simply grab the username or password field from 1Password with your mouse and drop it into the field that wasn't autofilled on the website. That should work in most cases.

Thanks for bringing this up and reporting it! We appreciate it.

ref: dev/core/core#1439

• elaman
    elaman
    Community Member

@ag_yaron this is still the issue. I've just re-subscribed to 1Password, kinda hoping for more flexibility from the app I'm using 100 times a day.

Thanks

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @elaman ,

We've already improved things in our 1Password X extension, and it is now able to save username fields that are of type "password" and autofill them properly.
    We're hoping this change will make its way to the desktop app as well. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.