Recovery strategy for family members on different accounts

Options
dsm363
dsm363
Community Member

I tried searching for this but am not sure what process is here. I have my own individual 1Password account. I have family in a different state with their own family account.

I have my secret key and know my Master Password. Is the best strategy to FedEx them a copy of my emergency kit so they have it as a backup? I saw the recovery process but that seemed to be only for the business account or the Family account. I wasn't sure if there was a way to add a family member on a different account as the backup person to act as the organizer to start the recovery process if I didn't have access for some reason.
https://support.1password.com/recovery/

Thanks.

Dave

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dsm363!

I have a question for you: have you considered joining your family's 1Password Families account too, so you could benefit from the recovery process? Because right now your account is completely separate, so the only way for them to access it in an Emergency Kit is to make sure they have access to your Emergency Kit, as you said.

• dsm363
    dsm363
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks!

I’ll check it out. Looks like that’s a good option.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @dsm363! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.