Filling password not working for accounts.firefox.com

This has been a while (for at least 4 months) and eventually I wanted to report it.
Using shortcuts in the browser (Firefox 67.0b12) CTRL + \ will never fill my password for accounts.firefox.com

I was redirected to sign-in page from https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/developers/addons.

Please look in to it and thanks in advance.

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10 1903
Sync Type: Subscription

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @doio!

I was able to have the item fill correctly here. Can you please try manually saving the Login item and see if that helps?

• doio
    doio
    Community Member

@ag_ana
    Nope, manually saving the login item does not work either.
    Unresponsive. It's like filling and saving login completely disables on accounts.firefox.com for me.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@doio: Just to make sure we are not missing anything, can you first move the existing Firefox item to the trash inside 1Password, before saving the login manually? So we can make sure we are working with a clean slate.

In addition to this, after saving the item manually, are you able to fill it on a different browser, even if it's not working in Firefox?

• doio
    doio
    Community Member
    edited April 2019

I can now confirm even a clean installation of latest stable version of Firefox (portable version) with 1Password extension added from https://1password.com/browsers/firefox/ will not work.

But without trashing the entry 1Password filling still worked under Chrome, Windows and Safari, macOS.

Filling and saving do NOT work in Firefox for accounts.firefox.com under Windows nor macOS.

Platform Browser Works?*
    Windows Firefox⑴
    Windows Chrome
    macOS Firefox
    macOS Chrome
    macOS Safari

*: Filling and Saving.
    ⑴: Tested versions: Firefox 66.0.3 & Firefox 67.0 beta 12

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2019

Thank you for the update @doio!

I confirm that I have managed to reproduce the issue in Firefox 66.0.3, so I will open an issue to have our developers look at this and see if there is anything we can do :)

ref: xplatform/filling-issues#496

• LosInvalidos
    LosInvalidos
    Community Member
    edited July 2019

edit: a workaround by an agile bits team member has been posted here:
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/448636/#Comment_448636

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for sharing the workaround here :+1: :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@doio:

I wanted to send you an update on your report after the developers looked at this. The reason why the behavior is only reproducible in Firefox is because Firefox does not allow extensions on their domains, and disables them. So it does not look like there is anything we can do directly here, other than trying the workaround that LosInvalidos mentioned.

This discussion has been closed.