7.7.BETA-5 Not Unlocking Properly in Safari Tech Preview

cmfrazier
cmfrazier
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I'm having issues with 1P unlocking in Safari Technology Preview 14 Release 112. As you can see in the linked video, once my desktop app unlocks, the menu in Safari never does.

Video

Comments

• cmfrazier
    cmfrazier
    Community Member

Also, is there a setting to automatically unlock with  Watch? It's an extra step to have to click the watch button in 1P to unlock.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cmfrazier!

I don't think the issue is specific to Safari Technology Preview, I was able to reproduce this even in regular Safari. I will add your feedback to the internal issue I have opened :+1:

ref: dev/apple/issues#4957

Also, is there a setting to automatically unlock with  Watch?

I don't believe there is one at the moment.

• odysseus
    odysseus
    Community Member

That's right, I was just about to file a report on this. Doesn't work 75% of the time in regular Safari 13.1.2 (Catalina 10.15.6).

• flipphillips
    flipphillips
    Community Member

FWIW - same issue.

• odysseus
    odysseus
    Community Member

Frankly, this is a HUGE bug -- it actually doesn't work 100% of the time -- and needs to be fixed ASAP.

Not sure how this slipped through the cracks.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2020

Thanks folks. Development is aware of the issue. Hopefully we can have a fix out in a beta release soon.

Ben

• @cmfrazier,

Also, is there a setting to automatically unlock with  Watch? It's an extra step to have to click the watch button in 1P to unlock.

can you confirm this one is resolved in b6?

• cmfrazier
    cmfrazier
    Community Member

@rudy YES! Prompts for unlock via  Watch right away. Thanks

@Ben FWIW after you unlock, refreshing the page allows you to login. I guess it refreshes 1P extension and it realizes it's unlocked.

• @cmfrazier,

yup, there are a combination of issues at play where we display the extension with the locked state. one of them is resolved by refreshing the page, one isn't.

This discussion has been closed.