The number of "logins" on my iPhone is different than on my MacBook Pro?

Options
DrDavidJ
DrDavidJ
Community Member

Hi... On my iPhone XR, 1Password (under "All Vaults") shows "All Items 173, Logins 172, Secure notes 1, and Trash 139. In the area below on the iPhone, it shows my full name (with a circle to select) , then "Personal" (with a circle to select) , then "David" (also with a circle to select), and then "+ New Vault." The final portion of the screen shows "Primary." Under Primary, it shows "All Items" 120, "Logins" 119, "Secure Notes" 1, and "Trash" 56. If I select my "full name", it shows "all items" 53, "Logins" 53, and "trash" 83. The same results when I select "David", or "Personal." NOW, on my MacBook Pro (Mid-2014), when I click on the 1Password icon in my dock, it opens the app and shows "Primary on iCloud", "All Vaults" (2 vaults( ; then next below is my full name in upper case, then a vault that says "B5-w34zea2vv... and another below labeled B5-3ti5o6cdcr..., then + "New Vault." Below that is "ON ICLOUD" , then "Primary" below that. In each of those, it shows "120 items sorted by title." QUESTIONS: Why doesn't the same number of items appear the same on both my phone and Macbook? Where did the 2 vaults that start with "B5-..." come from?
Please help!! Is it possible to also talk live to a warm body ?

Thank you....
Dr. David J.

1Password Version: 7.6.2
Extension Version: 1.21.0
OS Version: OS Catalina 10.15.6
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:The number of "logins" on my iPhone is different than on my MacBook Pro?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @DrDavidJ

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. I would be happy to help you get this sorted out.

Is it possible to also talk live to a warm body ?

Warm body here. We're happy to help either here in this discussion forum or through email. :)

The final portion of the screen shows "Primary.

This is likely the bulk of the problem. When migrating to a 1Password membership the contents of the Primary vault are supposed to have been moved into your account and then the Primary vault deleted. It sounds like that did not happen with your setup the way it should have. Not to worry, running the migration again to clean that up should be fairly painless.

then a vault that says "B5-w34zea2vv.

These sound like vaults in your 1Password membership. I'm unsure off-hand why they would be appearing like this, instead of with their names, though. Did this just start happening, or have they always shown up like that?

Could you please check and verify for me that you are able to sign in when you visit https://start.1password.com/ ? And do you see your Personal vault there? Please let me know.

Ben

• DrDavidJ
    DrDavidJ
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben - thank you for the prompt response.

The more I thought about it, these issues began when I converted from the free to paid membership. As for the "B5-...." categories, they appeared several months ago, but I was afraid to delete them. And yes, I am able to sign in with the link you provided and my 'Personal' vault is there. Upon login, "All Vaults", "Personal" and "David" appear. All vaults each show 53 items.

I was very happy having just one vault with my approximately 172 items backed up to iCloud! lol

I'll wait to hear back from you as far as how to proceed. Hopefully, I won't lose any of my items in any of these vaults. (There are still some items in my "Trash" which I have been gradually restoring as I did not know they had been moved from my main vault).

Thank you.

David

• Ben
    Options

@DrDavidJ

Thank you for the additional information. Here is what I'd suggest:

• Finish restoring any items in Trash that you want to keep, as Trash is not migrated (you may want to double check these items aren't already in the Personal vault and that by restoring them you aren't creating duplicates)
    • Move all items from the Primary vault to the Personal vault
    • Move all items from the David vault to the Personal vault
    • Sign in at https://start.1password.com and verify all of your data is accessible to you in the Personal vault
    • Delete the David vault: Click the Vaults tab in the right-hand sidebar, select the David vault, then click More Actions > Delete Vault.
    • Delete the Primary vault: uninstall and reinstall 1Password for iOS on the iPhone, and then sign into your account. On the Mac use the menu bar to select Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data and then sign into your account.

Instructions on how to move items in bulk can be found here:

Move and copy items

You should be left with a single vault: Personal, and that should contain all of your items. I hope that helps! Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• DrDavidJ
    DrDavidJ
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben... I think I have my iPhone squared away. It is now only showing 1 category with my 175 items (under "ALL ITEMS"). As for my Macbook, when I sign in using my master password, only my "Personal Vault" now appears (Yay!), however, when I click on the 1Password icon in my dock, it only opens with another password I had been using for both my phone and Mac, however once opened, it shows "0" items and 175 in "Trash" and still has the two "B5..." categories. I'm not sure a migration ever occurred - how would I verify that it did? If it did, wouldn't that have deleted these categories? We're getting there, but I still need your help... Thank you!

David

• Ben
    Options

Glad to hear we're making progress. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/115480/the-number-of-logins-on-my-iphone-is-different-than-on-my-macbook-pro#latest
    • Your forum username: DrDavidJ

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• DrDavidJ
    DrDavidJ
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben - I'm ready to send the attachment, but not sure how to include a link to the thread with the email.
    Any possibility you could call me and walk me through this? Be happy to provide my number.

Thank you again....

David

• DrDavidJ
    DrDavidJ
    Community Member
    Options

Ben, I removed the "1Password" icons from my dock and the top toolbar. When I sign-in via 1password. com, it opens with my NEW master password (changed it earlier today), however when I click on the icon in my Macbook's "launchpad", it does not accept my new password. Not sure what to do....

David

• @DrDavidJ

Please paste the link to your topic in the body of your message and attach the file to your message. :chuffed:

• DrDavidJ
    DrDavidJ
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Tommy - I ran the diagnostics, however I am unable to attach the zip file it created in this message (I get "File format not allowed"). Here's the pasted thread you requested: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/115480/the-number-of-logins-on-my-iphone-is-different-than-on-my-macbook-pro#latest
    Your forum username: DrDavidJ

I emailed the diagnostic zip file to support+agilebits.com

David

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2020
    Options

@DrDavidJ

I apologize for the difficulty getting diagnostics to us has created. There is an alternative route we can take if that would help... more on that below.

I emailed the diagnostic zip file to support+agilebits.com

Unfortunately that is not our email address, so it is unlikely we've received it (I'm not seeing any messages in our inbox from you). The email address is support+forum@agilebits.com.

I get "File format not allowed"

That message typically occurs when you try to attach the tool for generating diagnostic reports, rather than the generated report. Could you please verify which it is you're attaching to your email?

I appreciate the effort, but we already have that information here. The point is to include that information in your email message with the diagnostic report so we can connect your email conversation to this forum thread (so there is correlation between the two).

If you're still having trouble we can do this in reverse... I can send you an email, and you can reply to that email with the diagnostics. Please let me know if that would make the process easier. Thanks!

Ben

• DrDavidJ
    DrDavidJ
    Community Member
    Options

Good morning Ben,

Actually, I did email the file to the correct address, I just typed the wrong address (forgot 'forum') in the narrative. However, the email was not delivered- this was the "Failure Notice" I received from Google: support+forum@agilebits.com 552: 5.7.0 This message was blocked because its content presents a potential 5.7.0 security issue. Please visit 5.7.0 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=BlockedMessage to review our 5.7.0 message content guidelines c18si2434101qtd.157- gsmtp. I have no clue why it was blocked. So, if you can send me an email as you suggested, I'll give that a try and cross my fingers.

(MAILER-DAEMON@yahoo.com)
    To:you Details
    Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

support+forum@agilebits.com:
    552: 5.7.0 This message was blocked because its content presents a potential
    5.7.0 security issue. Please visit
    5.7.0 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=BlockedMessage to review our
    5.7.0 message content and attachment content guidelines. h7si3097562qkm.66 - gsmtp

I just tried again to send the diagnostics .zip file to support+forum@agilebits.com and received the above message as to why it was blocked.

My email address is: USM103@aol.com

Thank you again....

David

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DrDavidJ:

Thank you for the update. So it looks like something is blocking your message at the moment. Can you please try sending us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com with just a link to this forum discussion, and see if you are able to send the message that way? We can then reply to it and continue the conversation over there :+1:

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• Ben
    Options

I see the problem. It looks like you emailed us the diagnostic tool, rather than the report that it generates. I'll reply to your email shortly to see if we can sort that out. Let's continue by email. Thanks!

Ben

• DrDavidJ
    DrDavidJ
    Community Member
    Options

SUPPORT ID: [#FCI-87882-435]

Think I got it....this time. I'm sending it now to support+forum@agilebits.com

Fingers crossed!

David

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DrDavidJ:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your message in our system :+1: So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, we will continue the conversation via email :)

ref: FCI-87882-435

• DrDavidJ
    DrDavidJ
    Community Member
    Options

Sounds good...

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @DrDavidJ. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.