Vault is getting locked after a while

Naxterra
Naxterra
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hello

Even after a while, let's say one or two hours, 1Password for Windows is locking itself, even though I disabled it from settings and I am not getting a prompt for Windows Hello either.

1Password Version: 7.6.781
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• That likely points to a crash rather than autolock, @Naxterra. Crashes are treated like restarting the app (well, because they require you restart) so no Hello. Could you send us a diagnostics report via email so we can take a look? I'll skip the instructions cuz I know you know the drill. :wink:

Also, next time you catch your app locked when it shouldn't be, take a peek at Event Viewer and see if anything 1Password or .NET-related is logged there. You may need to look back a fair bit depending on when you last opened 1Password prior as this sounds like it's a silent crash which means it might possibly have restarted a while back. Use your best judgment, though, on how far back to look. A guide to creating a crash report can be found here:

https://support.1password.com/cs/windows-quit-unexpectedly/

If the timing works out, you can attach both to one email and send them together, but don't feel compelled to wait. The diagnostics may have caught that crash and we won't even need what's in Event Viewer. Just go ahead and save it when you're able, just in case. :+1:

• Did that come close to a .NET error as well, @Naxterra? Most (actually, all in my experience) KERNELBASE.dll crashes tend to be .NET errors that take 1Password down with it since we still rely on .NET for quite a bit. The .NET error is generally the useful one so if you can share that, that would be great.

• How old is that .NET event, @Naxterra? I noticed the original event you mentioned looks to have come from 7.6.780 and the .NET event referenced was a known issue in that version, but should be – at least partially – fixed in beta/781. In essence, I'm wondering if the timing of these events aligns with the recent instances of seeing locked 1Password with no Hello option. It seems some cases of that .NET issue are still cropping up so seeing it with 781 isn't totally unexpected, but I don't want to be spending time barking up the wrong tree if the time stamps in EV don't line up.

• Sorry for the lack of clarity, @Naxterra, I was saying that the original event you posted looked to have come from an older version of 1Password. I see you mentioned having the latest beta installed now, so I just wanted to make sure:

a) That is correct and you have 1Password 7.6.781 installed at present while observing this issue and
    b) The .NET event you shared happened recently, or at least during a time period where you would have been using this 1Password beta and seeing this issue.

• Not to worry, @Naxterra, take your time. If this is the same issue as you saw logged before, it's related to (as you might guess based on the error itself) timers. So the idea that certain timing and stars need to alight to trigger it wouldn't be out of the ordinary. If you're still seeing the unexpected locking, though, do send over that diagnostics report even if you don't see anything in EV. Sometimes, there are things that are caught in the logs that never make it to EV. This is the exception rather than the rule, but it totally does happen and we're happy to take a look. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.