Credit card filling can't fill expiry date on specific site

There's an issue with filling expiry date at Dustin Home's payment provider's site. When you choose credit/debit card as payment option and proceed you get redirected to https://secure.incab.se/verify/bin/dustinh/index where you'll be greeted with the following view:

Autofill with 1PasswordX and it looks like this:

Autofill with the old 1Password add-on and it manages to fill in the month at least:

Browsers tested Firefox 80.0 (64-bit) and Chromium 84.0.4147.125 (Developer version) (64-bit).

In 1Password I've got the the expiry date entered as MM/YYYY. The site in question only asks for two digits for the year, but this has not been an issue with other sites that also only asks for two digits for the year. I tried changing how it's entered in 1Password for testing purposes but it automatically adds the two first digits anyway when I click on save.

1Password Version: 7.6.781
Extension Version: 1Password X 1.21.0, 1Password extension 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10 1909 (18363.959)
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Backspaze ,
    Thanks for taking the time to report this.

I tried reaching the payment page but had difficulties, both due to language and because I need a real address and phone number etc.
    Can you please collect some details from that payment page for us and send it to us via email? Here's how to do that in Chrome:

1. Right click the 1Password extension icon on the top right corner of your browser and select "Manage Extensions".
    2. Turn on the "Developer Mode" toggle on the top right side of the page.
    3. In the center of the page where you see the extension's details, click the "Background Page" link.
    4. A new window will open. Select the "Console" tab at its top, then click the bottom part of the console so you can write in it.
    5. Type in the following and hit Enter afterwards: localStorage.setItem("devtools", "Y")
    6. Close Chrome completely, then relaunch it and unlock 1Password X. Now, when you right click the 1Password X icon on the top right corner, you should see a new menu option called "Developer Tools" and use it to collect page details.
    7. Get to the payment page where you need to enter your credit card's details and collect the page details, then save the entire content of the collected page details in a txt file, and send it over to support+extesnions@1password.com with a link to this forum discussion.
  • Backspaze
    Backspaze
    Community Member

I forgot about the language barrier, but there's switch for Swedish/English near the top right corner of the site, and here's a direct link to the English version.

Still, as you wrote, I'm guessing you need a address etc for submitting a fake order? Depending on how OK it is to use fake information to place fake orders I found a couple of sites to generate random Swedish contact information.

I don't have anything more to buy from them myself at the moment, and I don't think I have the time this week to troubleshoot according to the instructions. But unless you've somehow figured it out by then I'll see if I can submit a fake order this weekend and get back to you.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the additional info @Backspaze ,

I tried using the links you provided, the English version did help a little but the fake addresses did not. The website still gave me errors about the address.

Keep in mind that you don't actually need to order anything, you just need to get to the page where you fill the credit card details, then you can cancel the order (or just leave the website), so nothing needs to be actually ordered :)

• Backspaze
    Backspaze
    Community Member
    edited September 2020

The thing with this site is that as soon as you click your way through all the way to the payment site, the order gets added to your account (and you can't order without creating an account) with a status of "Not paid", and there's no way to cancel the order without sending them an email about it, so it's a bit cumbersome.

Anyway, I've now made a fake order and sent the collected page details to support+extensions@1password.com.

I've also managed to dig up yet another site (https://www.powear.se/) with the same issue in that 1PasswordX can't fill in the expiry date. I don't know if I should start another thread for that one so I referenced this thread in that email too. You can change the topic of this thread or separate this into another thread if you wish.

EDIT: I assume that to disable developer mode you type: localStorage.setItem("devtools", "N")?

Also, as I prefer Firefox, is there any way to access this mode in Firefox instead of Chrome? I assume it's possible and I've looked around a bit but probably didn't dig deep enough to find the right way to do it.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Backspaze ,
    I see your reply here finally showed up :)

Thanks for sending us the email with the details, I forwarded it to our developers and they'll probably be able to improve 1Password on these websites. I saw the issue in the expiration fields. They have placeholders in Swedish characters which might throw 1Password off a bit, but that should be an easy fix, which will improve 1Password across many Swedish websites. So thanks again for collecting the details and sending them over!

I assume that to disable developer mode you type: localStorage.setItem("devtools", "N")?

That is correct :)

Also, as I prefer Firefox, is there any way to access this mode in Firefox instead of Chrome? I assume it's possible and I've looked around a bit but probably didn't dig deep enough to find the right way to do it.

Yes, it is possible to do that in Firefox. Simply follow steps 1-3 here: https://support.1password.com/cs/extension-console-log/#firefox
    Then in the console, type in the command to enable developer tools: localStorage.setItem("devtools", "Y").

This discussion has been closed.