Login not working in 1Password browser

LarryMcJ
LarryMcJ
Community Member

The following login URL autofills fine using “Open & Fill” in the 1Password browser, but the SUBMIT button won’t light up and let me continue. If I go to this login URL in Safari and use 1Password to fill my credentials, it lights up the SUBMIT button and works fine.

I have tried this in both the current iOS release version and beta version...same thing occurs.

https://fim.mymedaccess.com/

Comments

• Hey @LarryMcJ, sorry for the trouble here! I don't have an iPhone myself to test this out on for you, but I have an idea of what might be going on here. Try Open & Fill again, but then once your item has filled, add a character from the end of your email and password, and then remove it again.

Some forms only enable the submit button after user input is detected, but sometimes autofilled credentials aren't detected properly and the submit button isn't enabled. Manually typing (and removing) something from the end of your username/password after filling means the page can detect user input and should enable the login button for you. Let us know how you get on with that.

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    edited August 2020

Thanks for the suggestion but it doesn’t work for me. As soon as I delete the last character of my username, the password is removed and I have to fill it again with 1Password and SUBMIT still isn’t available.

Additional info - This the only login out of 200+ that does this.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@LarryMcJ:

I was able to reproduce the issue you described, but only inside 1Browser. Like you, I see that password autofill works well with this website too, so I recommend using that method whenever possible.

In general, password autofill works much better than the built-in 1Browser, because it uses the latest technology available in iOS ;)

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member

Thanks @ag_ana. I’ll just have to remember to long-press and “Open in Safari” on this one site. I realize 1Browser isn’t the latest technology but it’s still the fastest way to open & fill with a single tap from within 1Password. It’s also one of the features that sets 1Password apart from other password managers.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the kind words @LarryMcJ! Indeed, we know that a lot of users rely on 1Browser in their daily usage :)

This discussion has been closed.