Upgrade iPhone 1Password 6 to use 1Password 7 family account

tadlambjr
tadlambjr
Community Member

Previously I synced between my iPhone and laptop over WiFi using 1Password's built-in server. Now I have migrated my laptop to use 1Password 7 and deleted my old vault. I still have the old vault on my phone, though. How do I migrate from that to the version 7 vault that I have, and will it always be in sync since it is not local anymore?

Thanks,

• Tad

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:upgrade to 1password 7 iphone

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tadlambjr!

After you upgraded to 1Password 7 on your laptop, did you also change your sync method, or are you still planning to continue syncing with the WLAN server?

• tadlambjr
    tadlambjr
    Community Member

I can continue to use the WLAN server. I didn't know it could work either way. Does one have an advantage over the other?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@tadlambjr:

Syncing via 1Password.com is the easiest method, and more stable than WLAN sync. When you upgraded, did you only upgrade the app or did you sign up for a 1Password Membership? The instructions we can send you will change slightly depending on the process you followed, so I'd like to confirm this.

• tadlambjr
    tadlambjr
    Community Member

I signed up for a family membership

• Okay, perfect. And if you sign in at https://my.1password.com/ do you see all of your data? If so, deleting 1Password from the phone, reinstalling, and then signing into your account should put everything in a good state.

Ben

• tadlambjr
    tadlambjr
    Community Member

Yes, that worked for me. Thank you.

• You're very welcome! If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.