1Px is not prompting to update logins

Naxterra
Naxterra
Community Member

I am using Microsoft Edge and 1Px Beta 1.21.3. On websites, for example https://kitafinder.muenchen.de/ I updated my username but 1Px didn't prompt to update my username but Bitwarden did.

• removed ref: XIG-48929-421

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.21.3
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Naxterra!

In your first screenshot, I see two entries for that website, but you mentioned that 1Password X did not prompt you to update the existing login. Did it create a second one though? Or that menu is unrelated, and you simply have two accounts on that website?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Naxterra:

I wonder if this is happening because the two logins don't have the same URL (for example, the first login does not have the exact URL of the website, unlike the second item). Does the same thing happen if you consolidate both logins into one?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Naxterra ,

1Password won't trigger the save prompt when you change a username in a "Change username" form. However, when you reach the login page of the website and enter your username, you'll see the "Save in 1Password" button. Click on it and it will trigger the save/update prompt.

I tested it on your website like so:
    1. I reached the login page and manually typed in an email and a password in the fields, then saved it as a new login.
    2. I refreshed the page.
    3. I typed in a different email in the username field, then clicked the "Save in 1Password" button and the prompt showed up suggesting I update my existing login. I confirmed and it now contains my updated email/username.

Let me know if that works well for you as it does for me.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Correct :+1:

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

You're most welcome.
    We'll investigate if it is possible to have a more "automated" process after forwarding your feedback here in a clear manner that won't confuse users, so thank you for the feedback here.

This discussion has been closed.