Recommendations on creating groups

Hello!
My company is migrating to 1Password from LastPass soon. As we've grown organically we have some very large groups, and some URLs that appear in multiple groups. We have a process that requires many people from different teams to have access to the same sites and passwords, but we'd also like to minimize the PII data this gives them access to.

What would you recommend as best practices for creating groups of URLs and assigning them to users?

• give each team a single group with multiple URLs, even if the same URL appears in many other teams groups as well?
  • group URLs into small groups and assign a single user multiple groups, so each URL is in 1 or a few groups?
  • other issues I haven't thought of yet?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kgormanshaw! Welcome to the forum!

I think both approaches can work: in 1Password, you can organize data with vaults and with groups. So you could keep vaults and groups small if you prefer, and still assign someone to multiple vaults ;)

I don't think there is a best practice approach, but I encourage you to reach out to our Business team at business@1password.com, they are the experts for this, and I am sure they will be more than happy to give you some recommendations :)

This discussion has been closed.