Upgrade from single user 1pew v6 to family V7 what a bugger up!

ZuluRich
ZuluRich
Community Member

Long time user here of the stand alone version of 1pwd. I realize that I need to support developers and also needed a family version for everyone. But wow, the upgrade seems way complicated. Secret key and permission ...... Zero instructions.

Can someone point me to a simple tutorial that explains it all. The upgrade process seemed to work for me but now the main vault is in my partners name, I've been added to it. Can she see my vault? How can we add the kids? How to we tweak permissions ....... The experience seemed to be very unfitting for the company 1Password that I've been using for the past 7 years.

I'm pretty tech savvy, just set up an SSL certificate on a web server and if I had issues figuring it out I don't want to think about the trouble an average person would have.

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX Catalina
Sync Type: iCloud now using 1pwd web

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ZuluRich!

The upgrade process seemed to work for me but now the main vault is in my partners name, I've been added to it. Can she see my vault?

Your partner cannot see your Private vault, that is only accessible to you. The same hold for her Private vault. Only shared vaults in your account can be seen by both.

How can we add the kids?

Here is the tutorial for this:

Invite your family

How to we tweak permissions .......

You can do this while creating a new vault:

Create and share vaults

If you need any other tutorials, you can find them on our support website, where you can also search by keyword :+1:

This discussion has been closed.