Asus router login doesnt fill correctly

protozzx0
protozzx0
Community Member
edited September 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi,

Wanted to report a bug: if you fill your login details via router.asus.com the password isn't filled in correctly. When you copy/paste the password, you can login.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.22.2
OS Version: MacOS 10.15.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @yokk ,

Is that your router's login page, or is that a publicly accessible login page that I can test here? If it is publicly accessible, please send me a direct link to it (copy it from your browser's address bar and paste it here).

In case this is your router's login page and we can't publicly access it, please check what exactly is being autofilled into the password field by revealing the password:
    1. Get to the login page and autofill using 1Password.
    2. Right click the password field and select "Inspect".
    3. You'll see the field's HTML code. Find the type="password" tag and change it to type="text" , then hit Enter to apply. The password will be revealed. Compare it to the password that is stored in your 1Password and see if they match or if there's a difference.

You can also post a screenshot of the HTML code of the field here (before you autofill it) and I'll gladly take a look if there's anything off with it.

• protozzx0
    protozzx0
    Community Member

Oh, I see it now. The ASUS login page has a maximum of 16 characters, my password is 20. When I autofill, it fills the 20 characters, when I copy, the password gets automatically cut to 16. I've changed my password to a maximum of 16 characters and it is working. ASUS doesn't display a warning or something...

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Well done @yokk :)

1Password injects your password into the field, which bypasses websites restrictions of length. However, when you copy-paste, the website truncates your password to the max length allowed.

• protozzx0
    protozzx0
    Community Member

Check! Thanks for the clarification.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Happy to help :+1:

This discussion has been closed.