Filling 2 plain text inputs

One of the website I log in to frequently does not autofill correctly. It has 2 fields marked as "tel": https://eastridingleisure.co.uk/bookonline/

I have tried saving a new login manually while the form is filled (as per https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/562058/#Comment_562058) but this creates a new item without a username, password, or any saved form details.

If I have various saved form details but none have worked. The "Membership Card Number" will be filled (when in the saved form details) but the "Pin Number" is never filled, even with:

• "Pin Number" saved as a password and the saved form details for "pinNumber" pointing to the password

• I have tried this with the field types "Number", "Telephone", "Text", and "Password"
  • "Pin Number" not saved as a password and hardcoded under "pinNumber" in the saved form details

• I have tried this with the field types "Number", "Telephone", and "Text"

Is there a way to have 1Password fill this?

I've tried:

• iOS Safari (iOS 13.6 and 14.0 beta 6, 1Password 7.7)
  • macOS Safari (using desktop app 7.7.BETA-7)
  • macOS Firefox (using desktop app extension 4.7.5.90)
  • macOS Firefox (using 1Password X Beta 1.21.3)

1Password Version: 7.7 (iOS), 7.7.BETA-7 (macOS)
Extension Version: 1Password X Beta 1.21.3, Firefox desktop app exten
OS Version: macOS 10.15.6, iOS 13.6, iOS 14.0 beta 6
Sync Type: 1Password account

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @JosephDuffy ,

1Password doesn't save any fields on the page because it doesn't recognize this page as a login page. A login page usually consists of a text field and a password field. In this (very rare) case, both fields are telephone fields, so our only option is to create the fields manually in the login item, and take their id tag from the HTML code of the fields:

1. Open 1Password, find the login of that website, select it and click on "Edit".
    2. Under the username, password and website fields you'll see an empty section where you can manually create your own fields. Select one of the empty labels and name it "membershipNumber" (case sensitive).
    3. Input your membership number in that field.
    4. Under it, select another empty label and name it "pinNumber" (case sensitive), then put in your actual pin number in that field.
    5. Change both fields type from "Text" to "Phone", then click on "Save" to save the changes, and test autofilling on the website.

The names "membershipNumber" and "pinNumber" are taken directly from the website's HTML code, and 1Password should be able to match it properly now.

• JosephDuffy
    JosephDuffy
    Community Member

Sorry I wasn't clear @ag_yaron, your suggestion is exactly what I have tried and meant by:

If I have various saved form details but none have worked. The "Membership Card Number" will be filled (when in the saved form details) but the "Pin Number" is never filled, even with:

• "Pin Number" saved as a password and the saved form details for "pinNumber" pointing to the password

• I have tried this with the field types "Number", "Telephone", "Text", and "Password"
    • "Pin Number" not saved as a password and hardcoded under "pinNumber" in the saved form details

• I have tried this with the field types "Number", "Telephone", and "Text"

Here's a screenshot of the first example:

A screenshot of the second example:

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2020

Hey @JosephDuffy ,
    Thanks for the additional details and screenshots.

I can definitely understand why your main focus was the saved web form details, but in this case we actually don't want to use the saved form details section. Please try creating these id's in the empty fields below the website URL, which are outside of the saved form details section, then try autofilling.

Here's a screenshot of a proper login item for that website:

Also notice that the username and password fields at the top of the login item are empty (the password you see there is just a placeholder, it is actually empty) and are set to nothing, so if you already have something in your saved form details, remove it all. Only use custom fields outside of the saved form details and it should work with 1Password X and with the old companion extension as well.

Let me know how it goes :)

• JosephDuffy
    JosephDuffy
    Community Member

Thank you so much @ag_yaron, that's exactly that I need to do :)

I'm sure I'll be using this in a few other places.

Sorry for misinterpreting your initial instructions!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

No problem :)
    I'm glad it worked.

This discussion has been closed.