Can't save documents

BH1P
BH1P
Community Member

I do not have an option to save Documents in any menu. For example, I click the '+' icon and get a popup with many different types of things I can create, but not Documents.

1Password Version: 7.6.780
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @BH1P

Documents are a feature exclusive to 1Password membership vaults. Is the vault you're trying to create a Document in part of a 1Password membership?

Please let me know.

Ben

• BH1P
    BH1P
    Community Member

Hi Ben, I am also Ben. :) I store my vault in Dropbox. Are files stored in a separate vault? Otherwise, doesn't seem like it should matter?

• Nice to meet you Ben. :)

I store my vault in Dropbox. Are files stored in a separate vault? Otherwise, doesn't seem like it should matter?

Membership vaults and standalone vaults (e.g. such as what you're syncing with Dropbox) are built differently. Standalone vaults were designed prior to 1Password supporting Documents, and as such they do not support this feature. We don't generally recommend standalone vaults as a solution anymore. I'd encourage you to consider upgrading to membership, not only for this feature, but for a host of other benefits as well:

About 1Password membership

If you decide to do so instructions on how to get started and migrate your data can be found here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

If you've already purchased a 1Password 7 license I'd encourage you to reach out to our billing team at support@1password.com to discuss any pricing considerations. :) I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• BH1P
    BH1P
    Community Member

Got it, thanks. I have questions about things like the security of the Secret Key, etc. but I'll ask those in another, more appropriate, forum.

• This actually isn't a bad spot if you'd like to ask here. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.