Problem with Windows 10 Pro & MS Edge

Options

I have just installed Windows 10 Pro and downloaded 1Password from your website but I cant seem to get it to work with MS Edge or Explorer?
Can you help?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 7.6.780
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how to install with ms edge

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kevan_Dalby!

I cant seem to get it to work with MS Edge or Explorer?

Can you please elaborate? What is the issue you are seeing, or where are you getting stuck exactly?

• kevan_Dalby
    kevan_Dalby
    Community Member
    Options

it just does not seem to have installed, I have followed the directions from support website but the 1password extension does not appear anywhere in explorer or edge. I can run it manually by clicking on the program exe file/app icon but cannot get it to open sites which I had previously setup on my mac nor can I generate passwords for new sites. It was primarily because of the cross platform operation of this app that I took out the subscription but I will be cancelling at this rate!!

• kevan_Dalby
    kevan_Dalby
    Community Member
    Options

I am sure its something I am or am not doing but as a mac user changing to windows it is a very confusing setup procedure when explorer or edge is not even shown in the browser list!! What should I use for these programs??

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kevan_Dalby,

Could you please clarify if you installed both 1Password 7 for Windows app AND 1Password extension for Microsoft Edge? There is no 1Password extension for Internet Explorer currently, so let's focus on Edge now. When you open Edge, do you see 1Password icon in the tool bar?

Please let us know. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• kevan_Dalby
    kevan_Dalby
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Greg, I am not seeing the 1password icon for edge, also I have installed the password 7 for windows but I don't know what I should be selecting for use as an extension as edge is not displayed as an option !

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kevan_Dalby,

I noticed that you also sent in an email. Let's continue our conversation there to avoid any further confusion. Thanks! :+1:

ref: QLX-64716-531

This discussion has been closed.