1password on iMac doesn't allow autofill

When I am at a web sote that requires a login, on Safari, when i click on the little Keyhole icon, I am am given my entire list of logins instead of displaying the login for that web site. I have to fill the search field with the name of the web site in order to bring up the login information. Only then can I click on Autofill with a good result. What used to happen is that after clicking on the keyhole icon, the login info for that web site is displayed and I can then cllick on autofill with a good result. Hsve i inadvertently changed something to cause this?

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: 7.6
OS Version: OS X 10.15.6
Sync Type: 1password account
Referrer: forum-search:1password on iMac doesn't allow autofill

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bobgoldstein1passwrd!

When you click on the 1Password browser extension, what is the dropdown menu currently set to? From what you are saying, I think it might be set to "All Items". If that's the case, please try setting it to Suggestions instead:

• You are so right! I had never noticed that drop down menu before, and I suppose it has been set to Suggestions forever, except for having been inadvertently changed. I've been using 1password for so long, maybe 10 years? Anyway, you have solved my mystery, and thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are very welcome @bobgoldstein1passwrd! I am glad I could help :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• Well, now the drop down list defaults every time to 'all items' but I want it to be Suggestions. Any way to fix that?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@bobgoldstein1passwrd:

Yes, you can change the default setting for the dropdown menu under 1Password Preferences > Mini tab > Open 1Password to and selecting Suggestions from the menu there.

• Thanks- I changed that pref and now all is well!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @bobgoldstein1passwrd! And thank you for the update :)

This discussion has been closed.