items in online "private" vault are different than when viewing same vault using local mac client

kcalmond
kcalmond
Community Member

I installed the 1password client on my mac. I already had two vaults configured for browser plugin access where that data was stored at 1password.com (...I assume). After installing the mac client and setting it up w/same account I see the items stored in the "Private" vault from the browser are the same set stored in the custom "Shared" vault I created for our family account. I was expecting to see the items appear in the shared account when access from the browser (ie syncronization between what I'm doing w/client on mac and what appears when I use browser based access via your plugin. What am I missing here?

1Password Version: mac client v 7
Extension Version: "OnePassword X" 1.21.0
OS Version: OS-X Catalina
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:items in online "private" vault are different than when viewing same vault using local mac client

Comments

• kcalmond
    kcalmond
    Community Member

summarizing - the set of items in the "shared" vault in the 1password app on mac = set of items appearing in "private" vault when access via browser plugin.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kcalmond! Welcome to the forum!

summarizing - the set of items in the "shared" vault in the 1password app on mac = set of items appearing in "private" vault when access via browser plugin.

There are two reasons that I can think of:

1. You duplicated the contents of the vaults, so everything that was inside the Shared vault now has a copy inside the Private vault
    2. You created two separate 1Password account, and possibly migrated your data twice, once to the Private vault of one account, and once to the Shared vault of the other account

If you look at your account settings in 1Password for Mac Preferences > Accounts tab, and under the 1Password X browser extension settings, do you see the same account there?

This discussion has been closed.