My browser extension has quit working.

allenabs
allenabs
Community Member

My browser extension has quit working, my open and fill doesn't work. When I click on the menu bar icon it tells my to turn the extension in preferences but it already is on. I've tried all the suggested fixes mentioned on this site but no joy. These problems are only in Safari (13.1.2) and Safari Technology Preview (release 113 Safari 14.0.1)
Firefox (80.0.1) works as it should.
I'm stumped. Any help would be appreciated.

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.6
Sync Type: WLAN

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @allenabs! Welcome to the forum!

Can you please try the troubleshooting steps in this support article and see if they help?

If the 1Password extension isn’t working in your browser

• allenabs
    allenabs
    Community Member

ag_ana I've checked out the support page and these are all the things I've already tried. However I went through them all again. No joy. I have tried uninstalling 1Password and reinstalling again no change. That's when I wrote.

• allenabs
    allenabs
    Community Member

I've fixed the problem. In 1Password/Help/Troubleshooting I "Reset All 1Password Data". Everything else I tried didn't help.
    Now it works like it should. Fortunately I only had one vault to start with and I'll have to reselect my favorites. What a Pain in the A--! I wish I knew what caused this.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@allenabs:

Thank you for the update! I am glad that things are working again at least :)

If this happens again, before resetting everything, you are free to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this happened to you :+1:

This discussion has been closed.