Two accounts with same domain name

JSTee
JSTee
Community Member

I have two accounts which have the same domain name and differ only in the subsequent part of the url The login name is the same, but passwords differ. E.g domainname.com/site1 domainname/site2. Is there any way of differentiating these? I use the iPhone version which only shows the domain name and login email, which are the same for both?

Thanks,
John

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JSTee!

In 1Password for iOS, you can currently only see the domain name I am afraid. It's a bit easier to see the difference in 1Password for Mac or 1Password for Windows, so at the moment on iOS I think you could only think about changing the title of those two Logins to differentiate them.

• JSTee
    JSTee
    Community Member

The title is different so I can tell which is which in the list, but iOS only displays the domain name when trying to fill in the details.

Just wondered if there was an obvious solution I was missing.

Thanks anyway
    Regards,
    John.

• @JSTee

The iOS autofill interface displays fairly limited information, but if you tap the '1Password...' option at the bottom it'll bring up our interface which will show you the titles. Autofill itself doesn't currently have any mechanism for displaying that information.

Ben

• JSTee
    JSTee
    Community Member

Hi Ben,
    In my case, clicking the 1Password option brings up 2 entries, each showing the login email and the Domain Name, not the titles unfortunately.

If it were to show the titles I would be able to distinguish between the two.

Currently, I have to open the 1Password app and find the entry I want and copy and paste the relevant password.

• JSTee
    JSTee
    Community Member

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2020

@JSTee

Please try tapping where you see "1Password..." there at the bottom of the list. :) That should open up the more detailed 1Password UI. Please let me know.

Ben

• JSTee
    JSTee
    Community Member

Ah many thanks Ben. It’s me missing the bleeding obvious.

Shame it doesn’t do it in the screen shot above though.

But I will click on the 1Password there from now on.

Many thanks for your help.

Regards,
    John

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Ben, you are welcome @JSTee! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.