Can I remove tags from multiple items on Mac?

roblarose
roblarose
Community Member
edited July 2021 in Mac

I'm running 1Password 7 on Mac. I see that I can ADD a tag to multiple items by dragging them to the tag on the sidebar.

But I don't see a way to REMOVE a tag from multiple items at once. Understand that I can delete the tag entirely, but if I have the tag on 100 items and want to remove it from 25, how can I do this on Mac?

Thanks in advance!

--Rob

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.15.x
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:batch remove tags

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @roblarose! Welcome to the forum!

I don't believe this is currently possible: I know it's possible to add the same tags to multiple items by dragging and dropping, but at the moment there is no way to remove them the same way I am afraid.

• roblarose
    roblarose
    Community Member

Booooo...

• Sorry about that @roblarose.

Ben

• CorgiBike
    CorgiBike
    Community Member

Is there any way to request this as a feature? Alternatively, is there a workaround besides adding an additional tag (e.g. "[original tag]-edited"). It's very hard to organize my 1,400 items that imported from LastPass without the ability to use tags to group them. Especially as many are duplicates where (I think) the custom fields were imported as separate entries.

I'm mostly loving 1Password, but the tags are very clunky compared to Evernote or Omnifocus.

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2021

@CorgiBike

I would be happy to pass on your request to the team. Thanks for letting us know you would like to see this.

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#798

This discussion has been closed.