Suggestion: Select list of domains to disable 1Password for

Al Nelson
Al Nelson
Community Member
edited September 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

It is good we can manually allocate domains where 1P will not autosave new passwords
However I want to completely disable 1P for selected domains (used for work) where the UI gets in the way. I don't want 1P to prompt me for unlock or suggested logins for these domains.

1Password Version: 7.6.780
Extension Version: 1.21.0
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Al Nelson!

Have you considered using a separate vault for this? You can then tell 1Password not to show you results from this vault.

• Al Nelson
    Al Nelson
    Community Member

Hi Ana, the passwords are in a separate vault, but when I need to unlock, I would still be getting the unlock prompt regardless? It's an ok bandaid, but I still would love to hear if this kind of feature could be added to the roadmap?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Al Nelson:

It's an ok bandaid, but I still would love to hear if this kind of feature could be added to the roadmap?

I have added your feedback to the internal discussion about this ;)

ref: dev/core/core#460

• Al Nelson
    Al Nelson
    Community Member

Thankyou very much

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @Al Nelson! I am happy to help :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• siplhium
    siplhium
    Community Member

I have a similar request. I need to be able shut 1PasswordX off when I am doing development work, and especially when I am doing end-to-end testing. Otherwise testing forms gets terribly annoying. Creating an empty vault isn't a good solution; I'm still getting prompts offering suggestions. All I need is a quick way to shut it off and turn it back on when I need it.

• Hi @siplhium

Which web browser are you using? Chrome offers a quick way to disable extensions:

1. Right click on the 1Password X icon in the toolbar
    2. Select Manage Extensions
    3. Slide the slider from On to Off

When you want to re-enable it you'd return to that same page and slide the slider back. Does that help? Please let me know.

Ben

• siplhium
    siplhium
    Community Member

Thanks Ben. That's certainly better than nothing, but it's not terribly quick or convenient. I did find something quicker that works: right-click the extension icon in the browser (Chrome) toolbar and select "This Can Read and Change Site Data...when you click the Extension". If I was using !Password instead of 1PasswordX, this of course would not help. A key command to disable/turn off the app/extension would be a good addition.

• Thanks for the suggestion. We'll monitor for feedback from folks that find they have a need to temporarily disable 1Password in their browser and see if there are improvements we can make to help with that workflow.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.