Need to clarify functionality within Safari (iOS) ?

MichyB
MichyB
Community Member
edited September 2020 in iOS

I’ve just downloaded this to explore it during the free trial period, but I suspect it’s not going to meet my needs, but just want to check before deleting.

I run a Mac, iPad Pro and iPhone, plus watch. On my Mac I switch between Firefox and Chrome, so I’ve downloaded the plug-ins for both of them, but not yet explored their functionality.

However, on my iPhone and iPad, between which I carry out around 80% of my activity, I’m exclusively in Safari, and I’m not getting any password related prompts from 1Password, just the usual ones coming off of the native Keychain.

Is there something I should have done regards setup? Or should the fact you don’t have a Safari plug-in be my clue 🤔

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• scottisloud
    scottisloud
    Community Member

Thankfully there is more functionality than what you're currently seeing! :chuffed:

You'll have to allow autofilling from 1Password in your iOS devices' settings. There is a support article that outlines it here:
    https://support.1password.com/ios-autofill/

• Hi @MichyB

Hopefully scottisloud's suggestion helps here. Please let us know if there is anything further. :) Thanks for chiming in @scottisloud. :+1:

Ben

• MichyB
    MichyB
    Community Member

@scottisloud @Ben thanks for your replys, but that was actually one of the first things I did. I’m 20 years for IBM, so not exactly not tech savvy. But I’m afraid to say imho after 72 hours of mucking around with it, this has to be one of the worst software offerings I’ve ever encountered. It’s clunky and long winded and far from intuitive. I hate to think how well non-tech customers get on with it. Its integration certainly isn’t of an acceptable standard for my operating environment. For Windows it may be, I can’t comment. But definitely not within Safari for iOS devices. I haven’t bothered testing it on my Mac. I was only drawn to it for the integrated password generation feature, as that’s about the only thing it has going for it over and above Apple’s native Keychain. Time to explore alternatives!

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2020

I'm sorry to hear that @MichyB. iOS is a bit of a different beast. To fill into web pages we go through Apple's Password AutoFill system, which is explained in the guide Scottisloud linked. We're using the features of the OS as they were intended here. I don't think you're going to find a significantly different experience in that regard from other password managers on the platform. If you change your mind and would like to give 1Password another shot we'd be happy to help. Either way, I truly hope you're able to find a solution that works for you.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.