Can't get license to install on my 2nd Mac

Options
cessna
cessna
Community Member

I bought 1P stand alone on my Mac mini, and when I downloaded the app to my MBP, opened it, and clicked the download button in my license email, it doesn't 'release' the editing capability. I don't have a secret key, so I can't sign it. I've used 1Password for 10+ years and it used to be so intuitive and simple! What's happened???!!!!!

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.12.6
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• cessna
    cessna
    Community Member
    Options

I went back and found a more helpful reply that the first one I found. I got the my license installed on my 2nd computer

Next ? - Is there any way to keep the vault location from showing on the sidebar of the main window. that doesn't seem like very good security.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @cessna

Is there any way to keep the vault location from showing on the sidebar of the main window.

Do you mean you don't want it to show the fact that the vault is synced with Dropbox? If so, no, that is not possible, sorry, other than by not using Dropbox to sync the vault.

that doesn't seem like very good security.

It seems that anyone who would be in a position to see that is already in a position to gather a fair bit of information — such as the titles of all of your items? I'm not sure what exposure showing how the vault is synced in the sidebar adds that someone who can see that doesn't already have. What sort of risk are you concerned about here? Please let me know. :)

Ben

• cessna
    cessna
    Community Member
    Options

Ben, first of all, I do not want a subscription. Every time I double-click trying to get a pw to fill in the window pops up trying to get me to subscribe, which is incredibly annoying!, then it doesn't fill in the pw and I have to do it manually. I bought the standalone license for 7, after using 1P since 1P4 - 6 at least, and am having constant problems now. It was bullet-proof before, now I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone I cared about.

I’m not a happy camper. 1P7 indicates it’s read=only on my mac mini running mojave, it won’t fill web passwords with a double click, and on and on!

What’s going on?????

Formerly loyal 1Password user

• cessna
    cessna
    Community Member
    Options

Forgot to add,
    can't add a new password - apparently that's what read-only is referring to. I need to get this fixed, whatever the problem is. Please help! At this point, my $$$ for 7 are completely wasted!!!!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cessna:

Did you download 1Password 7 from our website or from the Mac App Store? If you are not sure, you can check this by opening the 1Password app and click on 1Password next to the Apple logo, in the top left corner of your screen, and selecting About 1Password. In the window that appears, it will tell you where this current app was downloaded from.

This discussion has been closed.