Slow opening, search and fill via browser. Sometimes even unusable.

Kailo
Kailo
Community Member
edited September 2020 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi there,

I'm having serious problem with slow performance lately.
Whenever I start my PC, login and open 1Password app and just start clicking on few items here and there, a huge delay begins appear.
For example, I was editing multiple accounts and if select Account1 and then click on Account2 and after that on Account3 there is like 2 - 7 seconds delay between changes. Sometimes even bigger. And it's just read mode - im not trying to edit them, just casually browsing between items.

When this occurs, It also starts delaying my browser extension - I click on it and I need to wait like 20s before it open 1Password mini.
If I try open classic 1password app I have to wait 10 - 20 s, as well.

Quitting app or restarting PC does solve this problem, but after I start "browsing" between items it appears again. So basically everytime.

May I kindly ask for support, please?

1Password Version: 7.6.780
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Enterprise N 2004 (build: 19041.508)
Sync Type: 1Password cloud

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Kailo,

Thank you for reporting this! This is quite strange.

First of all, could you please open and unlock 1Password 7 and go to Help > Tools > Optimize database. Does the issue remain after that?

Also, please try rebooting into Safe Mode with Networking and see how 1Password behaves in there.

Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Kailo,

Thank you for the additional info! Do you use any kind of AV/anti-malware or backup software on your PC? This kind of software may affect 1Password, so please clarify.

You can also try rebooting into Safe Mode with Networking and check how 1Password behaves in there.

Thanks!

++
    Greg

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Kailo,

Do you use Bvckup2 on your work PC? Do you use any kind of other software on your home PC that is not present on your work PC? Please let me know.

I would also like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your PC, where you see these performance issues:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostic Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox. You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report on our side.

Cheers,
    Greg

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Kailo,

Thank you for the update!

Indeed, we use Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) to render 1Password's UI and WPF is capped at 60Hz. You can learn a bit more about the details behind this (and possible workarounds) here. In short, you're seeing this stuttering because GPUs don't downscale your refresh rate very gracefully.

It also seems that we never received a Diagnostics Report from you, which is quite strange. Anyway, let me know if you have any further questions, we are here to help. Thanks!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.