Mac + Windows Family Bundle (split from "Bundle discount for 1Password for Windows + MAS")

warpspeed
warpspeed
Community Member
edited January 2012 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
I'm glad I found this thread - I've been thinking about buying 1Password as a family pack. It seems like good value as that pack. With Windows+Mac.

Then I got confused by the Mac App Store availability versus availability via the website.

I want to use 1Password with my family at home (Windows), but also on my iPhone (already got the universal app), and on my work Mac. My Mac is still currently on 10.6.8 (no choice there), but I don't want to shoot myself in the foot when I get upgraded to Lion in the future. I'm also thinking about getting a Mac at home too. The easiest solution seems to be to shell out for the family pack from the store, but then I'll be shooting myself in the foot with the Mac's in the future.

Is there any sensible way of ending up in a good spot here?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, warpspeed!

This thread is for folks who have already purchased the Mac App Store version of 1Password. Since 1Password on the MAS is Lion-only, it is not possible to purchase it on a machine running any previous version of OS X like Snow Leopard in your case.

If you do purchase 1Password from the MAS, please let me know. I'd be delighted to help with the Window license.

Otherwise, you will need to purchase the Mac + Windows family bundle from our store.
  • warpspeed
    warpspeed
    Community Member
    khad wrote:

Welcome to the forums, warpspeed!

This thread is for folks who have already purchased the Mac App Store version of 1Password. Since 1Password on the MAS is Lion-only, it is not possible to purchase it on a machine running any previous version of OS X like Snow Leopard in your case.

If you do purchase 1Password from the MAS, please let me know. I'd be delighted to help with the Window license.

Otherwise, you will need to purchase the Mac + Windows family bundle from our store.

Thanks khad. Hmm... that makes it difficult. Will the version purchased from your website work on Lion in the future too? or will Lion users have to buy the version from the MAS?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    1Password 3.8 (from our website) does currently and will continue to work in Lion.

1Password 3.9 (the ever-so-slightly modified version in the Mac App Store) is Lion-only.

1Password 4 will also be Lion-only.
  • warpspeed
    warpspeed
    Community Member
    khad wrote:

1Password 3.8 (from our website) does currently and will continue to work in Lion.

1Password 3.9 (the ever-so-slightly modified version in the Mac App Store) is Lion-only.

1Password 4 will also be Lion-only.

Thanks Khad. I think I might just buy the family pack from the website and hope that it works out okay in the future.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Fantastic! Thanks for choosing 1Password. :)
This discussion has been closed.