Google Chrome?

Are there specific issues with 1PW when using Google Chrome (iMac & Lion user)

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    What did you have in mind?

If you haven't already, you can install the Chrome extension from our Browser Extensions page and try it for yourself. :)

If you have any issues, could you please describe in as much detail as possible the steps you are taking, and what you are [not] seeing happen? With some additional information from you we can then provide you with specific assistance.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!
  • tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    I'm on Lion and 1Pw from the MAS - there seems to be a problem with the Chrome Browser ext. download from your Browser Extensions page, - tried both FF & Safari - can't seem to open the extension for Chrome - message I get says something about needing an application to open the "crx" file????? Is there some other way to try? I don't want to lose/corrupt my existing 1PW app. thx
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    You need to first install Google Chrome if you haven't already.

Then you need to click this link in Chrome (not Safari or Firefox):

https://agilebits.com/extensions/mac/chrome.html

Are you getting the error in Chrome like this?

http://support.agilebits.com/kb/browser-extensions/crx_file_not_readable-error-when-attempting-to-install-the-1password-extension-in-chrome

Can you post a screenshot if you are seeing something else?
  • tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    thank you, khad, I finally figured out I had to install Chrome first - (didn't know that), it appears I've got it now. I'll try it out and, hopefully, won't run into any issues I can't solve myself. ;)
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Yes, you need to purchase the car before you can put luggage in the trunk. :D

Please let me know if you run into any other bumps in the road on your journey.
  • tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    <you need to purchase the car before you can put luggage in the trunkot necessarily> nah, you can always jimmy the lock <LOL> thx.....
This discussion has been closed.