1Click Bookmarks not working in Chromium 16.0.912.75

I tried this and the results have been strange. Some sites work - most don't. I use the Fill1PBookmark URL as a chromium bookmark and in many cases this does not result in a log in. I find my self on the page but not loggin in. Should this be working with 1Password3.8.9.38999 extension?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Are you referring to 1Click Bookmarks? Or something else? I'm not sure I understand what the problem is.
  • LosInvalidos
    LosInvalidos
    Community Member
    edited January 2012
    yes, sorry for throwing around wrong terminology. the 1Click Bookmarks are not working for me. (I tried them since I couldn't get the auto login for exact URLs to work).
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for clarifying. There are a lot of different terms, and even I get confused sometimes. :)

Can you confirm that it is working in Chrome but not in Chromium? I am wondering if the issue is just in Chromium and would like to rule that out first.

Could you also provide the URL where you downloaded your Chromium build? I'd like to test in the same build you are using, but I'm not sure where you got yours.
  • LosInvalidos
    LosInvalidos
    Community Member
    edited January 2012
    Hey khad and your unblockable signature :P

I'm using the chromium build from here: http://www.freesmug.org/chromium. I can't install any Google spyware on my system, sry. But feel free to test chrome against this of course.

Is the 1Click-Tutorial page valid for Chromium use? I have no clue how I should copy the URL. I drag it from 1Password into Chromium, it shows up for 1 sec and then it's gone since I'm logged in. How do I access the URL? Not described in the Tutorial.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    I am able to reproduce the problem. I think I know what it is. The Helper isn't looking for the Chromium process, so it doesn't perform a Go & Fill there. It works fine in supported browsers, though, like Safari, Firefox, and Chrome.

I'll pass this along to the developers.
  • LosInvalidos
    LosInvalidos
    Community Member
    edited February 2012
    Any news already? How come, this is not an issue with Chrome? Do they differ that much in this case?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Please keep in mind that you are requesting support for a community build of an unsupported browser. However, I am advocating on your behalf for this.
  • LosInvalidos
    LosInvalidos
    Community Member
    I know. I was just trying to get some insight on the relation between chrome and chromium and how they differ (a detail which I still don't fully understand).
This discussion has been closed.