1P and iFit.com

Blizz
Blizz
Community Member
edited January 2012 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
On the iFit website (ifit.com) they use somekind of weird javascript for the login. If I go there and select the iFit password entry via the helper, it does fill in the username and something for the password. However its not the right password and it is the same length as my username there so I expect it is that.
I already tried to manually change the name of the fields in the password entry to j_username and j_password but it seems to make no difference.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    I'm sorry that you're having this problem. Please try saving the login manually like this:

1. Enter your username and password, but DO NOT submit the form.
    2. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and select the "+" button in the upper right hand corner.
    3. Change the title and make any notes (if desired).
    4. Click the Save button in the upper right hand corner.

Using the above technique I was able to save and fill a sample login in Safari at:

https://ifit.com/applicationLogin.do

Manually saving a login can be useful for logins that are either problematic to begin with or were once working but have since stopped. Doing this allows 1Password to refresh everything it "knows" about the page. Login pages often change as websites are updated and this can be a necessary but very useful tip. :)

If you are still having trouble, please try disabling autosubmit for that Login and let me know if that resolves the issue. Since I don't have an account there, I was not able to test autosubmit there.

20111213-br4s3yshka286wsaxr16ty49ex.png

I hope that helps. Please let me know.
  • Blizz
    Blizz
    Community Member
    Thanks for the reply. I've tried your suggestion and amazingly it works... I find this weird since the record looks exactly the same as the one I manually created :)

Do you have a trick like this for auto-filling the default password popup boxes as well handy?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Good news! Thanks for letting me know it worked. :)

I'm not sure what you mean by "the default password popup boxes," though.

Are you referring to HTTP authentication prompts?

http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/http_auth.html
  • Blizz
    Blizz
    Community Member
    Yes indeed. The ones that actually generate a modal dialog bog. I have yet to discover a method to get those auto filled in :)
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Sadly, as mentioned in the User Guide to which I linked above, the browsers do not provide access to HTTP Auth prompts in their extension APIs at this time.

Chrome has made some progress in this regard, but it is not quite ready yet. Hopefully once it is Safari and Firefox will get jealous and want to join in the fun as well.
  • Blizz
    Blizz
    Community Member
    IC. My apologies, I missed the link in your initial reply.
This discussion has been closed.