Few questions for the team

Hello,

I bought 1Password last july and i would like to sincerely thank all the team involved, i'm sure it must be quite a challenge to maintain your product (and please the customers who are very picky sometimes).

I've got a few questions and remarks on 1Password :

1 - On The UI

- I took a look at the topic named diferences between 1password for Windows and for Mac And saw that the UI will evolve to match the current look of 1Password 3 for Mac OS. Do you plan for a complete GUI overhaul or some small cosmetic changes?

- Are you limited in terms of icon size or "quality" on 1Password toolbar? i find the icons rather pixelated in fact compared to the OS X version.

- I'm also wondering what could be the cause of the "blinking" when you scroll through your logins in 1Password.

2 - Other

- Once your new extensions for Chrome and Safari will be stable enough, do you think you will provide an extension for Opera? I know that few companies consider it due to its "small" marketshare although i'm sure you could attract customers if you release an extension for this web browser. To be honest, i don't use Opera simply because i can't use 1Password with it (i mean without using the main app).

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    JM, welcome to the forum!

I know of no "grand plan" for the UI—we like to stay pretty loose and agile, around here. I know that 1Password for Windows and 1Password for Mac will eventually look more alike and that they'll continue to "leapfrog" each other in terms of features.

I'll venture a prediction that they'll never be identical in look or features, though. That's partly because they're developed by different people and partly because it doesn't seem our nature to acquire the kind of redundant resources that such a redesign and simultaneous multiple-platform release that a major "unification" would require.

As for Opera, I know of no effort under consideration to add it to the portfolio of supported browsers. Of course, we never say "never." :)
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    - I'm also wondering what could be the cause of the "blinking" when you scroll through your logins in 1Password.

Could be related to recent changes to the way password strength is calculated. It is done "on the fly" now. Does it make a difference if you disable the password strength column? (That is, make sure that View > Show password strength is not checked.)
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for catching that, Khad!

Sorry I missed that question, JM.
  • J.M
    J.M
    Community Member
    khad wrote:

Could be related to recent changes to the way password strength is calculated. It is done "on the fly" now. Does it make a difference if you disable the password strength column? (That is, make sure that View > Show password strength is not checked.)

Pfewww. I totally frogot to reply to that.

So in fact, it's even blinking when the "show password strength" option is deactivated. However after some tests, it's not the only application that behaves this way on my computer. Maybe it's because i have modified a lot of things on my system (graphically speaking) or because of my mice. It's not dramatic though.

DBrown wrote:

JM, welcome to the forum!

I know of no "grand plan" for the UI—we like to stay pretty loose and agile, around here. I know that 1Password for Windows and 1Password for Mac will eventually look more alike and that they'll continue to "leapfrog" each other in terms of features.

I'll venture a prediction that they'll never be identical in look or features, though. That's partly because they're developed by different people and partly because it doesn't seem our nature to acquire the kind of redundant resources that such a redesign and simultaneous multiple-platform release that a major "unification" would require.

As for Opera, I know of no effort under consideration to add it to the portfolio of supported browsers. Of course, we never say "never." :)

Yeah i know, it seems like not many people care about Opera. Only Lastpass and Sticky Password work with Opera...And maybe Roboform too (not sure abouth this one).
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Maybe it's because i have modified a lot of things on my system (graphically speaking) or because of my mice. It's not dramatic though.

If you find out what is causing it, I'd love to know in case it comes up with other users. :)
This discussion has been closed.