Credit card dates

Some sites ask for both the start date and the expiry date of a credit card. On such sites (I think all of them that I have used, but not certain it is all) what gets filled in is the year of ending in the expiry date and in the start date the month gets filled in but is the month of expiry (not the start month). The other two entries (year in start date item, month in the expiry date item) are blank. This is an annoyance.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Since no two sites are coded identically, the issue only applies to certain sites. Could you please provide a URL where you see this behavior?

Thanks!
  • danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    I'll let you know next time it happens. But I don't think I've ever come across a site that asks for both start and end date that gets filled in properly.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Any URL where you see the issue would help. Whenever you are able. :)
  • danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    I had mentioned previously that some sites that require credit card start and end dates do not fill these in properly when the credit card item is chosen from the browser extension.

My card has start date of 11/2011 and end of 01/2014, but on some sites it fills in with start date of month 01, no year, and end date of no month, year 2014.

I hadn't given any examples when I last mentioned this, but have just come across two sites for booking trains that do this. They are Virgin Trains and First Great Western

virgintrains.co.uk and firstgreatwestern.co.uk
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks! I'll pass these URLs along to the developers.
This discussion has been closed.