Can't enter license key - URL appears to be wrong

I just bought a license - after downloading a trial version. Tried to enter the license key in the trial version - url would not open in IE. Tried to open the url in Firefox - still will not open - seems to be a string of text. Internet connection is fine.

So, I went to agilebits web site - downloaded the 1Password for Windows application again - installed it - restarted the computer as directed - opened 1Password - unlocked it - tried to enter the license key - same result.

Help! there appears to be no Help number that I can call. I am concerned that I just threw away $50.

Jake

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, Jake. Thanks for buying 1Password. I'm sorry that you are having this problem, but I would love to help you get it resolved.

A URL shouldn't be opening in any browser when you enter your license key.

Are you using a proxy server? If so, you'll need to enter your proxy information in 1Password's preferences:

20120203-ck556ursg26biww1u8gf5gn839.png

Please let me know how it goes.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    It appears that there is a problem with activation at the moment. We were not aware of the problem earlier. Please email us at support AT agilebits.com with the name on your license and you license key, and we will be able to assist you with the activation process.

I apologize for the minor inconvenience at this time. We hope to have automated activation back up and running very soon. In the meantime, we can activate it manually if you email us your license details.

Thanks!
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Can you please download and install version 1.0.9.BETA-274, and try again?

https://agilebits.com/onepassword/win/release_notes

(please click on "Show Betas")
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    I was unable to reproduce any problem registering either 273 or BETA-274. The license server responded rapidly and correctly returned my license info.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    It would appear that things are working well with the activation server now. Thanks for confirming that, DB!
This discussion has been closed.