Feature Request: Folders in the browser extensions

When using the Safari button to access sites, the pulldown menu is just a long alphabetical list of the various logins I have stored.

Is it possible to have the folders within the desktop app reflected here, so instead of having a list of 40 odd logins to scroll down (Yahoo mail is right down the bottom!), it would bring up the 5/6 folders I have which I would select to bring the smaller number of logins within that folder up to choose from.

It looks like you can do this within IE, but I'd like the option in Safari and can't see how to achieve this anywhere.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    It's certainly possible to organize Login items by folder in the extension, Kerry; it just hasn't been implemented. :(

The extensions for Safari and Chrome do not yet include folders. I imagine that may change in a future release, but I have no information about when such an enhancement might become available. We apologize for the inconvenience.

In the meantime, remember that you can simply type to search for a specific Login. Give it a try!
  • Thanks David, I'll await a future update! In the meantime the search function is fine, although it might be nice if it was permanently open rather than accessed each time by clicking the magnifying glass?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    On behalf of David, you are quite welcome!

You can actually access the search feature immediately upon opening the extension. Simply begin typing. There is no need to click the magnifying glass (or anything else) with your mouse. :D
  • Thanks Khad! That's good to know, that does just what I want it to, so while the folders would be a nice to have in the future, finding the right login is quick/easy right now.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Huzzah! I'm glad that works for you.
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

it might be nice if it was permanently open rather than accessed each time by clicking the magnifying glass?

It is permanently open. Simply start typing.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    That's what I meant when I wrote:

DBrown wrote:

...remember that you can simply type to search for a specific Login. Give it a try!
  • Babs
    edited February 2012
    Even though I use many assistive tools, as a disabled user, I need to keep typing to an absolute bare minimum. Having to type even the first 2 or 3 letters of each login I go to throughout each day, is WAY too much! Folders is an absolute must for me. I was very disappointed when I upgraded and had to start using Safari extension, because I lost this feature of the previous version.

It also makes for better overall organization for every user!
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forum, Babs, and thanks for your feedback!

I assure you, we'll continue doing what we can to make 1Password useful to everyone.

The new extensions for Safari and Chrome are developed in a separate area from 1Password for Windows, and they have to work with 1Password for Mac, as well, which makes everything take a little longer to implement.

We apologize for the inconvenience and sincerely thank you for your patience.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Just in case anyone else is wondering, there has never been a 1Password extension for Safari for Windows that had support for folders. I just want to save someone the trouble if they are trying to hunt down the mythical previous version that had them. :)
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Right. The extension for Safari came into existence only relatively recently, when the extension for Chrome 16 was released.

Thanks, Khad!
This discussion has been closed.