Chrome: Invalid Database

Hi,

I've installed 1Password on my new Mac at work but I'm having some serious issues with the extension for Chrome.

After entering my database I get the error "Database unavailable". In the log the following last line is presented:

[39300.079] Fri Feb 10 20:03:38 2012| Invalid database at '[url="file:///home/mlowe/Library/Application%20Support/Google/Chrome/Default/databases/chrome-extension_gkndfifopckmhdkohjeoljlbfnjhekfg_0/9"]file://localhost/home/mlowe/Library/Application%20Support/Google/Chrome/Default/databases/chrome-extension_gkndfifopckmhdkohjeoljlbfnjhekfg_0/9[/url]'

If needed I can post the entire log file.

I've tried everything: reinstalling the extension (release and beta), reinstalling 1Password, reinstalling Chrome, deleting the files in the above folder, restarting the helper, rebuilding the database; nothing works!

The extension works fine in Safari 5.1. I'm running Lion with 1Password from the App Store.

I don't have access to my computer right now but anything you can suggest I try on Monday would be brilliant.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Please try creating a new Chrome profile as described in the support article here:

http://support.agilebits.com/kb/browser-extensions/how-to-create-a-new-google-chrome-profile

If you're still having trouble, could you please email us your Diagnostics Report? To generate the report from 1Password on your Mac, open 1Password and select Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report. Then attach the entire file to an email to support AT agilebits.com.

Include a link to this thread in order that we might more quickly "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, though.
  • Thanks. I'll try it at work tomorrow and post back. :)
  • Hi khad,

I tired the above but I'm still having the problem. I don't have the Diagnostic Report option in my menu. How do I access it?

Thanks.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2012
    The option is not available in 1Password 3.9 from the Mac App Store. If you are using 1Password 3.9, you'll need to download an item using this link:

http://cdn.agilebits...bleshooting.zip

This is the 1Password Troubleshooting application. It's in zip format, so after downloading it your browser may have expanded it for you, or you may need to do so by double-clicking on it using the Finder. You should end up with the 1Password Troubleshooting application -- ready to run. You can move it to any location you normally keep software, or leave it where it is for a quick run.

Launch the 1Password Troubleshooting application and you should see some tabs near the top of the window. Please click on the Diagnostics Report tab heading, and then click on the "Create Report" button. Within a few seconds, a pretty blue image should appear -- indicating the report is ready (this is just like the Diagnostics Report option in prior versions of 1Password for Mac). There's now an Export button you can use to save the report and then attach it to this discussion.

Once we see the report we should be able to help more. Thank you in advance!
This discussion has been closed.