Yet another Sparkasse problem

Searching through the forums I see that a lot of people problems getting 1Password to work with Sparkasse online banking sites, since they seem to use random field names that change every time you enter the site. The same is true for my local bank, the Sparkasse-Harburg-Buxtehude. 1Password appears to fill the fields for Username and Password, but authentication always fails.

At least they have a test account page where 1Password also fails. Maybe the developers can take a look at it...

http://www.sparkasse-harburg-buxtehude.de, then click on the Demokonto link.
Username: smsDEMO, password 12345

Thanks!

Comments

• khadkhad Social Choreographer

Team Member
    Welcome to the forums, papascott! I'm sorry that you are having this problem.

Sadly, it appears that the Sparkasse page contains code which is designed to actively thwart 1Password. They have code which is looking for literal key press events for each character you enter. I'm not sure there is a way to automate this. 1Password fills and submits the form correctly, but they have code on the page which still denies the login. :S

I wish I had a better answer right now, but I will pass this along to the developers so they can take a look and see if there is any way to resolve this in a future update.
This discussion has been closed.