1Password License and Terminal Server Questions

We have a single physician who uses 1Password by way of DropBox on his laptop. We are switching his office system out to a Thin Client and he would like to continue to use the product. This brings up a couple of questions.

1. Will 1Password work and remain secure when running on a Microsoft Terminal Server (2008 R2)?
2. Can it be launched from the users startup script and NOT as a service so it is not loading a single copy for every session on the server? And
3. Does your licensing model support one user and multiple PC's or would a separate license be required for the Terminal Server?
4. Are there any other issues around licensing when installing it on a Terminal Server that is used by 10 other people who don't use the prodcut?

Greg Fishback
Director of I.T. for GreenField Health

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, Greg. 1Password is licensed per user, per platform not per machine. So you only need one license of 1Password for Windows per user.

I'll see if I can find out some more details about your other questions.
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    sifugreg wrote:

1. Will 1Password work and remain secure when running on a Microsoft Terminal Server (2008 R2)?

Yes, but our extensions for Safari and Chrome might not work on Microsoft Terminal Server 2008. Our add-ons for Internet Explorer and Firefox are OK.

sifugreg wrote:

2. Can it be launched from the users startup script and NOT as a service so it is not loading a single copy for every session on the server?

No. Our advice is to simply execute our installer. Our (NT) service is lightweight and does not load for every user session.

sifugreg wrote:

3. Does your licensing model support one user and multiple PC's

Yes.

sifugreg wrote:

or would a separate license be required for the Terminal Server?

No.
This discussion has been closed.