Logins flicker when scrolling through list

I'm running 1.0.9.279, but this problem's been happening for a while. When I scroll through the logins pane (I have 89 logins stored in 1Password), the pane flickers constantly. It happens whether I scroll with my mouse's scroll wheel or drag the scrollbar.

I'm running 1Password on 32-bit Windows 7 and I'm not running in a VM.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Not a huge deal, but it's a bit of an annoyance.

Thanks,

Emerick

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2012
    Welcome to the forums, Emerick! Thanks for taking the time to repost this from Twitter. Sorry for the delay in responding.

I've mentioned this to the developer, and we're going to investigate a bit.

If we can be of further assistance in the meantime, please let us know. We are always here to help!
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    So we've come up with a few theories.

1. Do you have a Logitech mouse driver installed?
    2. What anti-malware do you have installed?
    3. Is the flickering mostly just with the password strength indicators?

Most importantly, if you uncheck "Show password strength" in the View menu, does the flickering go away?
  • emerick
    emerick
    Community Member
    edited March 2013

Sorry, I forgot about this problem for a while (OK, a year :-) )

1. No Logitech drivers installed.
    2. Just Microsoft Security Essentials (no third-party software).
    3. Nope, the entire logins pane flickers when scrolling. It's especially apparent when you scroll by dragging the scrollbar's thumb.

I'm surprised you can't reproduce the problem. I've seen it on both of my Windows PC's now, even with the latest version. I feel like it's just a lack of double-buffering in 1Password's scrolling implementation on Windows.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

This sounds like it could be related to the issue with McAfee (even if you don't actually use McAfee specifically). Be sure you are using the latest version of 1Password and then:

1. open regedit
    2. navigate to this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Agile Web Solutions\1Password
    3. right-click in the name/value panel, then click: New > DWORD Value
    4. enter the following new value name: "WatchDataDir" (no quotes)

Does that help?

• emerick
    emerick
    Community Member

Shoud I set WatchDataDir to any particular value or just leave it at 0? I tried with both 0 and 1 (restarting 1Password each time) and it didn't make any noticeable difference.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Leaving it at the default should be fine, but I could have been off base. It was my first hunch. If you're still having trouble, could you please send us your Diagnostics Report?

Select Help > Diagnostics Report > Export to File from the menu bar in 1Password. Then attach the report to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• emerick
    emerick
    Community Member

Done, thanks!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2013

Thanks! If no one has replied yet, I know they will soon. :)

• blackholexplorer
    blackholexplorer
    Community Member

I had a similar problem. 1P would continuously flicker making the program unusable. The above work around fixed the flickering and make it usable. I suspect this flickering is related to another problem I am having, posted as its own thread. In that case, dropbox, the agile agent, and my anti-virus seem to conflict; causing a circularity with file change detection. But, this is just a thought.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for following up here. I've replied in the other thread you started.

This discussion has been closed.