Export from Mac v3 not importing in Windows

Following the instructions here:http://help.agilebits.com/1Password_Windows/import-data.html#1password_interchange_format

The instructions state: "...In 1Password for PC, choose File > Import, locate and open the .1pif folder you just copied from your Mac, and choose the data folder contained in that .1pif folder."

There is no "data" folder in the .1pif folder. There is a data.1pif file in that folder. (An important distinction when troubleshooting)

However, when I choose that file, I recieve the following error: "You have imported 0 new login(s). Some items could not get imported. Please Click More Info."

When I click More Info, I get a list of all the logins I tried to import. (22 in this case)

Little help?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    The data.1pif file not a folder. You are correct. I'll update the docs.

It sounds like the data may be incomplete. Do you have the same results if you export only a single Login? What about re-exporting the Logins to a new 1PIF file?
  • Same result with only one login.

1pif file contents below, but edited out sensitive info.

{"uuid":"1F1E34EA470E4BFF80F88F5D86D0463D","updatedAt":1330552434,"locationKey":"","folderUuid":"997C4F0DCFE14E02B16081BCD950A32A
    ","securityLevel":"SL5","openContents":{"tags":["Tech Admin"]},"contentsHash":"81edd5ba","title":"epsonrip02
    (00.00.00.00)","location":"","secureContents":
    {"username":"usernameremoved","admin_console_username":"usernameremoved","password":"passwordremoved","admin_console_password":"p
    asswordremoved","url":"00.00.00.00","notesPlain":"“notes”"},"createdAt":1330531646,"typeName":"wallet.computer.UnixServer"}
    ***5642bee8-a5ff-11dc-8314-0800200c9a66***

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    It took me a minute to figure out the problem. Maybe I am getting tired. :)

At this time, 1Password for Windows can only import Logins and Secure Notes, so you will need to find some other way to import Wallet, Account, or other items. If you are trying to merge some data, you can import items of any type in 1Password for Mac and then open the data file (or sync it via Dropbox) and open it in 1Password for Windows.

Let me know if you need help with that. I'd be glad to assist you.
  • Ah. I see. I'm sure it's already on your feature list, but that would be a good one.

Thanks for your help!
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Vote added! :D

Cheers,
This discussion has been closed.