Same credentials, multiple sites

Is it possible for 1Password to manage the same user/password information for multiple sites?

For example, memberships at tidbits.com and takecontrolebooks.com are the same database. Can I twiddle 1Password to recognize and manage one set of credentials for both sites?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    "Linked accounts" are not available in 1Password for Mac at this time, so you'll need to save a Login for each domain. This is on our radar for the future, though. Thanks for letting us know you are looking for this. I'll be sure to pass your request along to the developers.

I see you have some posts in the Windows forum, so I should mention that "Domain Matching" is available in 1Password for Windows if you want to add [font=courier new,courier,monospace]microsoftonline.com[/font] to the [font=courier new,courier,monospace]microsoft.com[/font] entry included by default.
  • Harry Warrior
    Harry Warrior
    Community Member
    I guess there are more and more people asking for it :) Guys, you don't need to complicate it like 'Linked Accounts' and changing internal database format & all - allow the user to specify somewhere in the Title or URL or even under Notes.

I have been asking for this feature for 2 years now - allow multiple domain names to be matched. It is not just discover, there is Citibank, ATT, Ameritrade, even some Google sites - basically any company has been acquired, or has acquired other companies. I don't really see why it is such a complicated feature to implement either. Allow the user to edit the URL field and keep a comma separated list of domain (or something on those lines).

khad wrote:

"Linked accounts" are not available in 1Password for Mac at this time, so you'll need to save a Login for each domain. This is on our radar for the future, though. Thanks for letting us know you are looking for this. I'll be sure to pass your request along to the developers.

I see you have some posts in the Windows forum, so I should mention that "Domain Matching" is available in 1Password for Windows if you want to add [font=courier new,courier,monospace]microsoftonline.com[/font] to the [font=courier new,courier,monospace]microsoft.com[/font] entry included by default.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for posting about this again, Harry. I removed your post (which you seem to have quoted in full here) from the other thread since it was not about domain matching but form filling. (Even saving two separate Logins didn't resolve the issue, so it had nothing to do with domain matching.)

I'll continue to advocate on your behalf for this.
  • jm3
    jm3
    Community Member
    +1, would love to see this. Another example is Wikimedia vs Wikipedia.org (same login credentials).
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    I'll pass your vote along. This is certainly on our radar. :)

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.