Minor Feature request: Reset (check) Conceal Password option on Item Switch or App Close

Sometimes, in order for the password to be visible while I manually type the password to an unsupported system (Mobile App for example), I uncheck the "Conceal Password" menu item.

I would like that option to revert back to its default setting after some time. Usually I return to 1P a day later and I am surprised to see all passwords visible in plain text.

If this is not intuitive, may be you could add a menu option ( or a keyboard shortcut meant only for power users :) ) for "Show password temporarily".

I already know I can hold the Option key and display the password. But that doesn't let me take my hand off to do whatever else I need to do (say, on my phone) to type the password.

Thanks
--
Harry

Comments

• Chris White
    Chris White
    Community Member
    edited April 2012
    Hey Harry,

That's a really interesting suggestion and frankly I was doing something earlier that I would have loved to have had this feature. We'll keep it in mind for future versions though I can't make any promises.
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    You can hold down the Alt key for this.
  • Harry Warrior
    Harry Warrior
    Community Member

You can hold down the Alt key for this.

Yes, I am familiar with that (see post above). Sometimes I need to see a long generated password while I tried to enter that on a phone (takes time and I have to take my hand off the Alt/Option key). So the menu option is good. But it would have been nice for that option to reset to the "safe" default , may be when the program returns after auto-lock. Again, this is a minor inconvenience, not a big deal.

Thanks Chris and Stefan for the quick response.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    On behalf of Chris and Stefan, you are most welcome! :)

We will take your suggestion under advisement as we move forward. I can certainly see the use case for it.

I hope your week is off to a good start.

Cheers,
This discussion has been closed.