New to 1Password -- 2 questions

OK I bought 1Password a couple of weeks ago and am trying to get everything organized and I have 2 questions:

1. When I went to register for these forums, I entered my info and 1Password asked if I wanted to save it. I said yes. Then when I went to sign in again, it said "incorrect sign in info" ... well that doesn't bode well when the 1Password forum login info doesn't save properly! What happened?

I had to manually edit the login info and found that it stored my email address as my user name instead of 'kbrink' that I had chosen. Why did it do that?? I've seen several other instances where the saved username or password were just wrong. Is this common? It has not been nearly as 'automatic' as others said it was.

2. I also bought the iPad app. I have synced several times with no problem and then today when I logged in to sync the iMac and ipad, my iPad showed up twice and it refused to sync with the "old" account. I had to create a new profile to sync to the new iteration of the iPad. What's up with that? Why did it think my iPad was another device? That will be a pain if it happens more than once.

Otherwise, I think 1Password will be a help if I can figure out these kinks, but they are aggravating. Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2012
    Welcome to the forums, kbrink, and thanks for using 1Password!

1. We recommend only saving Logins on login pages. If you save a Login item on a registration or signup page, then you are saving the URL, form fields, and the filled data from the signup form which is often/usually not the same as a site's login form.

2. Timing. We just pushed an important security update that requires re-authentication for syncing. This is not something you will normally have to do. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!
  • kbrink
    kbrink
    Community Member
    khad wrote:

Welcome to the forums, kbrink, and thanks for using 1Password!

1. We recommend only saving Logins on login pages. If you save a Login item on a registration or signup page, then you are saving the URL, form fields, and the filled data from the signup form which is often/usually not the same as a site's login form.

2. Timing. We just pushed an important security update that requires re-authentication for syncing. This is not something you will normally have to do. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

Thank you for the quick response, Khad. I believe you were correct on the 1st question. In the details for the login, it had info related to the registration page, so the link must have been wrong. It seems to be working properly now. And I went ahead and deleted my 1st instance of iPad and set up the sync again so hopefully that will straighten that out.

Thanks again
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Glad things are working well! Thanks for letting me know. :D

Cheers,
This discussion has been closed.