No Info in Password or User line

I have been using 1Password for several years on one computer, but using two log ins (mine and my wife) Recently I switched computers and I wanted to have one complete 1Password database, so I followed the instructions from the Knowledge base and exported then imported my wife's passwords into mine. Now I have a problem with no information being saved in the form.
The following screen shot is from my gmail account that was working prior to the merge.

I am using Lion 10.7.3 and 1Password 3.8.18

Thank you

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, microphony. I'm sorry that you are having this problem. The symptom is indicative of a problem with the encryption keys. If you try to merge two data files together manually the encryption keys are only good for the existing data. A full export/import should not have this problem since the export is unencrypted and the import encrypts the data with the existing keys.

Could you give me the URL that contains the instructions you followed and let me know if you deviated at all from them when you performed the procedure?

Please do not do anything with 1Password until I can give you further instructions. There is no need to panic, but I have seen a few cases where things got worse as someone tried to "fix" the problem on their own while waiting for a reply. I really appreciate your patience, and I know you will too once this is sorted out. :)
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for providing the URL. Are you sure you followed them exactly? As I mentioned above, a full export/import should not have this problem since the export is unencrypted and the import encrypts the data with the existing keys.

I would recommend restoring from a backup (File > Restore) and making sure you follow the instructions carefully. You are not importing or merging an agilekeychain file but a 1PIF file. You need to export it from the second data file and import it into the first.

If you're still having trouble, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

In 1Password 3.8, just select Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report from the menu bar.

If you are using 1Password 3.9 (from the Mac App Store), you'll need to follow the instructions here:

http://support.agilebits.com/kb/troubleshooting/create-a-diagnostics-report-to-help-agilebits-help-you

Then attach the entire file to an email to support AT agilebits.com.

Please include a link to this thread in order that we might more quickly "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, though.
This discussion has been closed.