Firefox has 2 second delay before master-locking 1Password

4EverMaAT
4EverMaAT
Community Member
edited April 2012 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
When i leave my macbook on for a while and firefox 11 (and previous versions) are on for a while, I notice that when I click on the 1Password button to fill in a password, the list of accounts will show briefly (1-2 seconds) before 1Password initiates the master lock. I doubt a hacker can do something within those 2 seconds, but the master lock should always show first when it should be activated. Meaning the programming should enforce the order of checks to make sure that nothing shows until it is confirmed whether the master lock should be enabled or not.

I guess I would need to screen record this? I hope not.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    There is definitely a brief moment (less than 1 second in our testing) in which the extension "locks" after you open it if it was locked while inactive. This is similar to what happens in iOS if 1Password locks while the app is in the background. Since no code can run while the app/extension are not active, it can only get the signal to lock after you activate the extension (or app in iOS). This means that there is a perceptible moment while the extension/app comes to the foreground and then locks.

We will work to improve this as much as possible, but the moment shouldn't be anywhere near 2 seconds. If you are seeing a delay that long, it would help to have a video so we can see the actual duration along with your machine specs.

Does it make a difference if you use a new clean Firefox profile with only the 1Password extension installed?
This discussion has been closed.