Wrong unlock code... Wait 1400 minutes?!?

xenicraft
edited April 2012 in iOS
Hello

I have been a very happy user of 1password for a while now but have recently discovered that if the wrong pass code is typed into the "Change Passcode" menu, nothing happens except it tells you that the code is wrong. But as soon as you try to launch the app again it says to try again in 1400 minutes! It's extremely frustrating to be locked out of 1Password! Please help.
I have 1Password ver 3.6.2.

Thanks in advance,
xenicraft

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, xenicraft. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble. I've never seen such a long delay. As far as I know, no such delay exists in 1Password. Are you sure you are not conflating 1Password with your device unlock code?

Could you post a screenshot of the message? You can take a screenshot on an iOS device by pressing the Home and Power buttons simultaneously. The screenshot will be saved to your Camera Roll where you can email it to yourself or otherwise access it to attach here. Or, if you prefer, just email it to us at support AT agilebits.com along with a description of the problem.

One thing I would suggest is to try restarting your device by holding down both the Home and Sleep buttons simultaneously for at least 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears. (This is similar to taking a screenshot, but instead of pressing them quickly, you hold them down.)

Please let me know how it goes.
  • The time limit has finished but I can bring it up again. By the way, I know my way around my iPhone. ;)
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    I don't doubt you. If you can provide reproducible steps and/or a screenshot, that could help.

Otherwise, I hope you have an awesome weekend! :)
  • Hey khad.

To replicate my situation, follow these steps:
    1) tap on settings > security
    2) tap change Passcode
    3) tap randomly at numbers and you will get this: http://i.imgur.com/ODhr5.jpg
    4) continue to randomly tap numbers for as long as you like
    5) now hit the home button to close 1password
    6) launch 1password again and you should see this: http://i.imgur.com/2nfGd.jpg

I was just fooling around with different passcodes to see which one I would remember best and that's what happened. I would like to do more testing on this, but I can't because I have to wait a whole day to get back in. And I need the data in there!

Thanks,
    xenicraft
  • Hey again Khad

I have just realised that typing my pass code wrong ONCE gives me the same 1400 minute lockout. I haven't realised before because I've never typed it wrong before.

xenicraft
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Ah, interesting. I thought you were talking about the regular unlock screen, but instead you meant that the issue only applies if you enter the wrong unlock code while attempting to change it in 1Password's settings. So far I cannot reproduce this. I tried toggling "Lock When Inactive" for the Unlock Code to see if that made a difference, but it didn't seem to.

Also, I am using the latest version of 1Password: 3.6.5. Perhaps this is already fixed if you update to the current version. ;)

Please let me know if you updated to 3.6.5 before attempting to reproduce. You mentioned you were using 3.6.2 in your first post.
  • Oh ok. I'll get back to you when I update...
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks! I'm curious to see if that resolves it. :)
This discussion has been closed.