Double Entries in Browser Plug-in Dropdown Menu

Dal
Dal
Community Member
edited May 2012 in 1Password 4 for Windows
I sync my 1Password data files via Dropbox between Windows and Mac. It works fine, however, the dropdown menu on my Windows browser shows two entries for each site I have a password for. Only the second entry listed works as the first seems to be invalid. I use Firefox on both Windows and Mac. The Firefox browser on Mac works fine with only one entry for each site/password. I have insured all plug-ins are updated as well as the browser and 1Password.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2012
    Welcome to the forums, Dal! Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having this problem.

Please try removing the 1Password Firefox extension in Windows and then reinstalling it. Other browsers automatically remove the SQLite file, but with Firefox, you will need to remove it manually like this:

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1. Open Firefox.[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]2. Remove the 1Password extension.[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3. Enter [/font][font=courier new,courier,monospace]about:support[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] in the address bar and press Return.[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]4. Click the "Open Containing Folder" button.[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]5. Quit Firefox.[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]6. In the Explorer window that opened, go up one level in the file hierarchy.[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]7. Move the [/font][font=courier new,courier,monospace]OnePassword.sqlite[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] to your desktop.[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]​Then reinstall the Firefox extension from [/font]1Password for Windows' preferences on the Browsers tab.

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

If you are still having trouble, can you tell me what versions of (1) 1Password, (2) Firefox, and (3) 1Password Firefox extension you are using?
  • Dal
    Dal
    Community Member
    Thank you Khad! Works great now. Another fine job by Agile.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Woohoo! Glad that did the trick. Thanks for updating the thread to let me know. :D

Enjoy your weekend,
This discussion has been closed.