"Follow this topic" does not follow?

Locker
Locker
Community Member
edited May 2012 in Lounge
Even hen I mark a topic "Follow this topic" (or Forum etc), I don't get any email announcements, since the change to the current forum software. Does anybody have the same experience? Is there something that I have to change in my settings? Or is this forum software just show it in "Content I follow" list, but not suppose to email notification (as was in the previous forum software)?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Sorry you're having some trouble in this regard.

We've been using IP.board for years. Do you mean an update to IP.board or the old forum from years ago?

I'll do some testing to see if there is anything on our end.
  • LosInvalidos
    LosInvalidos
    Community Member
    edited June 2012
    I experience this as well and let AgileBits know via a forum post. Also hiding signatures was broken for some people on the forum (meaning they were not correctly hidden). Maybe Agile should get in touch with IP.Board about those two bugs.

http://forum.agilebits.com/index.php?/topic/10066-cant-follow-a-topic/
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Just so you know its not just you guys. i am having issues with it as well. I have not received notifications of personal messages from @ Locker, BTW thanks for that message on the May 31st. Im not sure if you even saw my reply.

I check the board a couple times a day for new post and usually by the afternoon KHAD has replied to all of them but thats not an IPBoard issue :) or is it ?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    I can confirm there is an issue. I am "following" this topic and did not receive email notifications of either of your posts. It has been an ongoing frustration. We've been incredibly busy due to the recent LinkedIn, eHarmony, and Last.fm "password leak parade", so I'm not sure how soon we will be able to dig into this yet again. It will likely not be very quickly, but I will make a note to look into it when we get the chance.
  • khadbot
    khadbot
    Community Member
    Just a test.
  • LosInvalidos
    LosInvalidos
    Community Member
    hehe, khad I love your bot-avatar. lovely :)

Is the problem reproducible for you?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    :)

Yes, as I said above, I can confirm there is an issue. We're working to get it resolved but I don't have a time frame. Thanks for your patience. We really appreciate it.
  • LosInvalidos
    LosInvalidos
    Community Member
    No problem. Great to hear it's reproducible and and you are looking into it. Very low priority of course.
  • khadbot
    khadbot
    Community Member
    Beep bloop. This is khadbot.

Please verify that "Email" is checked for "Notification method to use for replies to followed topics" in the "Notification Options" section of your profile:

http://forum.agilebits.com/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=notifications

20120614-qk74r7muwffpkj5c9fuudsirfm.png
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    As my robotic counterpart alluded to, email notifications are not sent by default — even when you are following a topic. You'll need to make sure that you have enabled email notifications for replies to followed topics in your profile.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2012
    Aha. From the very helpful IP.Board support:

There was a bug that could blow the default options out on notifications. looks like you got hit by that. I reimported the defaults.. Now, anyone who hasn't edited their default notification settings, should have the defaults again, which DO include email notification of tracked topics.

Anyone who still isn't getting the notifications, have them go to My Settings->Notification Options, and verify that the method for followed topics and followed forums is set to email them.
This discussion has been closed.