1Password slows down IE9

I like the thought of 1Password but I have three serious (to me) issues:
1. When I load my home page (on my own machine) it used to take a fraction of a second. Now, IE reports that the 1Password add-on is taking about 6 seconds of the load time and asks if I wish to disable it. I really just want IE to be able to load faster.
2. When I invoke Ctrl+\ to fill in a web login form, it takes about 10 or more seconds for 1Password to respond.
3. When I login to a site it takes about 10 seconds for 1Password to respond with the box asking if I wish to save the login information.

My normal response, and thus my expectations, are for virtually instant response. The current delays are annoying to say the least and making me reconsider the wisdom of my purchase.

Version: 1.0.9.296
Windows 7-64 bit(up to date)
IE 9 - 32 bit (up to date)
Machine: Intel quad 4 @2.7 GHz w/ 8GB ram, 1TB hard drive

Help -- I like 1Password. I would hate to dump it because of poor performance.

. . . . T.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, oterrya!

This should obviously not be the case. I've never seen such a warning in my own use of 1Password, so I'm guessing there is something peculiar happen on your machine. One thing to keep in mind is that the time that IE reports is an average, so until/unless that it is reset, one problem loading will continue to affect its reporting going forward.

To help us track down the issue more quickly, could you please email us your Diagnostics Report? Select Help > Diagnostics Report > Export to File from the menu bar in 1Password. Then attach the report to an email to us at [font=courier new,courier,monospace]support @ agilebits.com[/font].

Once we see your report we should be able to help more. Thanks in advance!
  • Sent diagnostics as requested a few minutes ago.

. . . . T.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks! We will reply via email as soon as possible. Most of the team is done for today, so it may not be until morning, but you should expect a reply within 24 hours (or sooner).
  • oterrya
    edited June 2012
    I did some timings:

With 1Password disabled, my home page comes up in so short a time I cannot time it -- maybe one-quarter of a second.
    With 1Password enabled, the time for my home page to come up was over 27 seconds.

To login to this site, the first time it took about 30 seconds for the 1Password data control box to show asking for my master password. The second time I tried it, the password control box never showed and it jusst sat there. After a few minutes, I logged in manually.

I sure hope you can figure this out.

. . . . T.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for the additional information! In order to ensure we are not duplicating efforts, I'm going to close this thread for now. We'll work with you via email until everything is resolved.
This discussion has been closed.