Syncing data between Mac and Windows

Is there a way to share keyfiles between Mac and Windows? As soon as I alter a file on windows and reopen it on the mac, I get an error claiming the file is out of date and needs to be updated.
After that, I can't read it in the windows tool anymore...

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, Thorsten! Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm not certain that I understand what your trouble is.

You mention "altering files", but you should not be altering any files by hand. Do you mean editing an item in 1Password?

What is the specific error message you see? Can you post a screenshot?

It sounds like this may be related to Dropbox syncing, but I just want to make sure. Are you already syncing via Dropbox?

With some additional information from you we can then provide you with specific assistance.

Thanks for your help!
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    ThorstenS wrote:

Is there a way to share keyfiles between Mac and Windows?

Yes. Dropbox is your friend: http://help.agilebits.com/1Password_Windows/setting-up-Dropbox-sync.html

ThorstenS wrote:

As soon as I alter a file on windows and reopen it on the mac, I get an error claiming the file is out of date and needs to be updated.

What version of 1Password are you running on your Mac?
  • ThorstenS
    edited July 2012
    Mac Version 3.8.20 (build 31499)

Edit: Sorry for the trouble, it is working now after starting all over. Seems the file was just corrupted somehow.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    I'm glad that everything is working well. Please do let us know if there is anything else we can help with.
This discussion has been closed.