Upgrade to 3.8.20 fails repeatedly

I fell behind on my upgrades and now it won't upgrade and fails to extract the zip file during each upgrade attempt. "There have ben 34 releases since you last upgraded."

The download succeeds each time, the extract looks like it is successful (the progress bar goes all the way), but then I get the error message below.

Error message: An error occurred while extracting the archive. Please try again.

I tried from both Primary and Alternate download locations, same result.

My system:

Mac OS X 10.7.4
Current 1Password installed: Version 3.5.9 (build 30884)
Attempted upgrade: 3.8.20 (build # 31499)

Thanks.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2012
    Welcome to the forums, Cybergator! Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having this problem.

Please try downloading a fresh copy of 1Password directly from the AgileBits website:

1. Visit the 1Password download page:
    http://agilebits.com/downloads
    2. Click on the "Download Now" button under "1Password 3"
    3. Quit your web browser and 1Password, if it's running
    4. Drag the newly downloaded version of 1Password to the same location as any previous one -- replacing it
    5. Run 1Password at least once and then your web browser

Your information is stored in a data file separate from the application, so it will not be harmed by this procedure.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!
  • insaneboy
    insaneboy
    Community Member
    wanted to note I ran into the same problem.

'06 macbook
    running 10.7.4
    1Password 3.5.2 (build 30806)

updating my '09 mini running 10.8.1 and only 2 updates behind worked fine

downloading from the website now.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums! I think the problem is related to running such old versions of the app. The versions you and Cybergator mentioned are about 1.5 to 2 years old. There have been many important updates since then. Please let me know if you have trouble after downloading a fresh copy of the latest version directly from the AgileBits website.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.