Chrome extension in Windows is blank

Starting a couple of weeks ago the windows chrome extension appears to have stopped working. If you click on the icon it is just blank. I finally tried removing the extension and uninstalling 1password, then re-installing both and it appears to not have to made a difference. Any ideas on how to fix it?

I tend to use the beta releases of 1password, but I have tried both the stable and beta versions and there has been no differences.

Chrome: 16.0.912.77 m
1Password: 1.0.9.BETA-298

Comments

• I finally figured it out. I noticed that when I grabbed the version for chrome it also said:

Unable to contact the update server (Error: 3)

Somehow chrome had gotten stuck and wouldn't update itself any longer and the only information I could find is that it happens when you run chrome as an Admin. Thats not the way I have it set-up, but whatever. Basically I had to re-download and install chrome (basically forcing an update through re-installation) and then reinstall the extension. Now everything is working great again.

Hopefully this helps someone else..
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for updating the thread (no pun intended) with the solution in your case. The latest stable version of Chrome is always required, so that is something you want to make sure you keep up with as far as automatic updates.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!
  • The automatic updates are turned on, Chrome just appears to have gotten stuck updating at some point.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Please let me know if you have any more trouble. You may find some useful tips here if Chrome is not updating:

http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=111996
This discussion has been closed.